Ekk Nayi Pehchaan
|Ek Nayi Pehchaan|
|Written by||Story |
Monali Sen Chowdhury
Malvika Asthana Mrinal Tripathi
|Directed by||Hemant R Prabhu|
|Creative director(s)||Mrinal Tripathi|
|Starring||Krystle D'Souza |
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||181|
|Producer(s)||Jay Mehtaa |
|Running time||About 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Jay Production|
|Original network||Sony TV|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||December 23, 2013 –|
September 25, 2014
Ekk Nayi Pehchaan (in English A New Identity) is an Indian television drama series which premiered on Sony TV on 23 December 2013. The series cast veteran Bollywood actresses Poonam Dhillon and Padmini Kolhapure along with Krystle D'Souza and Karan Sharma. The story takes on the issue of women's empowerment through education. The show went off air on 25 September 2014. The serial was dubbed in Tamil and aired as Puthu Puthu Arthangal (in English New-New Meanings) on Polimer TV.
Ek Nayi Pehchaan focuses on the relationship between a mother-in-law and her daughter-in-law in an affluent Indian household. The story begins with a well reputed family: Suresh Modi, the owner of Sharda Textiles, his wife Sharda (Poonam Dhillon), his sons Karan and Chirag and married daughter Latika. Karan's marriage is arranged with Sakshi who enters the Modi family as the daughter-in-law.
Sakshi quickly realizes that even though Sharda is a perfect homemaker she lacks self-confidence as she is illiterate. Sharda's husband, Suresh, often finds opportunities to humiliate her as a result of this. Sakshi is deeply hurt on seeing this and decides to help Sharda become literate, independent and confident. She gets Sharda enrolled in an adult education programme. Initially, no one in the family supports Sharda but she is often motivated by Sakshi to carry on. Sharda eventually excels and goes on to start her own small business while still trying to earn her husband's love and respect.
Later, it is revealed that Suresh has two other children, Shanaya and Arav born out of wedlock with another woman Pallavi (Padmini Kolhapure). As the truth emerges, Karan leaves the Modi mansion and family business followed by Sharda and Sakshi. Meanwhile, Sharda starts a new factory. Pallavi's daughter, Shanaya, decides to join the company to sabotage it.
Pallavi is diagnosed with terminal bone cancer and reveals it to the family when Sharda insists she does so and promises her that she will take care of Pallavi's children as her own. Before she dies, Pallavi manages to make Suresh realise Sharda's value and he comes to finally respect her. On Pallavi's death, her will leaves equal share of her property to all five Modi children. While everyone accepts this, Shanaya is furious and accuses Sharda of having manipulated Pallavi. She goes on to try and create a rift between Sharda and her children but Sakshi and Sharda thwart her plans.
In the end, all family members come to understand and accept one another and the show ends on a happy note with Sakshi announcing her pregnancy.
- Krystle D'Souza as Sakshi Karan Modi
- Karan Sharma as Karan Suresh Modi
- Poonam Dhillon as Sharda Suresh Modi/Sharda Mehta
- Sooraj Thapar as Suresh Modi / Mahesh Ajmera
- Namish Taneja as Chiraag Suresh Modi
- Ankita Bhargava as Latika Suresh Modi
- Kavita Vaid as Ishwari
- Rita Bhaduri as Dadi
- Rahul Ram as Prateek
- Rituraj Singh as Sharda's professor
- Deepak Sandhu  as Aditya
- Padmini Kolhapure as Pallavi Mahesh Ajmera / Pallavi Suresh Modi
- Usha Bachani as Meeta Manchanda
- Nazea Hasan Sayed as Shanaya Mahesh Ajmera / Shanaya Suresh Modi
- Alam Khan as Arav Mahesh Ajmera / Arav Suresh Modi
- Sarika Dhillon as Tasha
- "Ek Nayi Pehchaan on Sony TV". Indiatimes.com. 2013.
- Krystle D’Souza in ‘Ek Nayi Pehchaan’
- Test time for Sharda in Ek Nayi Pehchaan
- Krystle Dsouza - mamma's girl
- Poonam Dhillon to return to small screen with 'Ek Nayi Pehchaan'
- Kavita Vaidya to enter Ek Nayi Pehchaan
- Ritu Raj Singh to play Poonam Dhillon’s professor in Ek Nayi Pehchaan?
- Deepak Sandhu to enter Ek Nayi Pehchaan