From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up usher in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Usher may refer to:
- Several jobs which originally involved directing people and ensuring people are in the correct place:
- Usher (visitor assistant)
- Church usher
- Field usher, a military rank
- Court usher, a court official
- Usher of Justice, a judicial official in some countries
- Usher of the Black Rod, a parliamentary official in the UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
- Gentleman Usher, a category of royal official in the United Kingdom
- White House Chief Usher
- Usher-at-arms, historically, a soldier of the gardes de la porte of the maison militaire du roi de France
- Usher of State, a protocol official of the Swiss central or canton governments
- Usher (singer) (born 1978), American R&B recording artist, performer, and actor.
- Usher (album), a 1994 album by Usher
- Usher (surname)
- The family name in the Edgar Allan Poe short story "The Fall of the House of Usher"
- The Fall of the House of Usher (disambiguation), adaptations of Poe's work
- Usher (2002 film), a short film directed by Curtis Harrington
- Usher (2004 film), a film based on the short story by Poe
- (Archaic), the second schoolmaster in a school in England
- Gentleman Usher of an order of knights in the United Kingdom
- Usher 1C, human gene
- Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Usher syndrome, genetic disorder
- Ushers of Trowbridge, brewery
- Usher baronets, a title in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Usher.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.