|Directed by||A. K. Prabhu|
|Produced by||Rockline Venkatesh|
|Written by||K. Nanjunda (dialogues)|
|Based on||Bharathi Kannamma (1997)|
|Starring||V. Ravichandran |
|Edited by||Suresh Urs|
Usire (Kannada: ಉಸಿರೇ; English: From the heart) is a 2001 Indian Kannada language romance-drama musical film directed by A. K. Prabhu. The film stars V. Ravichandran along with Rachana Banerjee and Prakash Raj in prominent roles.This is Rachana Banerjee's only Kannada film till date.
The film is a remake of Tamil blockbuster film Bharathi Kannamma (1997) directed by Cheran and starred R. Parthiban and Meena in the lead roles. The film was produced by Rockline Venkatesh and the music was composed by Ilayaraja.
The film upon release met with average response at the box-office. Prabhu Solomon had wanted Shiva Rajkumar to play the lead role, and he lamented that miscasting Ravichandran in the leading role instead, worked against the viability of the film.
- V. Ravichandran as Mutthu
- Rachana Banerjee as Chandri
- Prakash Raj as Rudre Gowda
- Sadhu Kokila
- Chi Guru Dutt
- Krisohne Gowda
- Yuvraj as Small kid
|Sl No||Song Title||Singer(s)||Lyrics|
|1||"Muthu Helo Maathidu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||K. Kalyan|
|2||"Chandri Nee Chanda"||K. J. Yesudas||K. Kalyan|
|3||"Chilipiliyenno Chilipiligale"||K. S. Chithra||K. Kalyan|
|4||"Preethisuve Preethisuve"||K. J. Yesudas, Bhavatharini||K. Kalyan|
|5||"Majunu Aalida"||Mano||K. Kalyan|
|6||"Janapada Annodu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||K. Kalyan|
- "Usire — Kannada Movie Reviews, Trailers, Wallpapers, Photos, Cast & Crew, Story & Synopsis — Filmibeat". OneIndia. 6 April 2001. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "Ravichandran Filmography, Ravichandran Movies, Ravichandran Films — Filmibeat". OneIndia. 30 May 1960. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "Usire Movie Review — chitraloka.com | Kannada Movie News, Reviews | Image". chitraloka.com. 7 April 2001. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "Usire (2001) - Ilaiyaraaja — Listen to Usire songs/music online — MusicIndiaOnline". Mio.to. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
|This article about a Kannada film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|