This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation AMSL||1,339 ft / 408 m|
Ust-Ilimsk Airport (IATA: UIK, ICAO: UIBS) is a large airport in Irkutsk Oblast, Russia located 17 km northwest of Ust-Ilimsk. It was a major regional facility capable of handling all sizes of airliners. The airport has a very large concrete runway with 500 x 200 M tarmac.
The airport was closed in 2001 due to bankruptcy, but reopened in 2013 for flights to Irkutsk. Because of the smaller aircraft needed for the short length of flight to that destination, the operational runway area was reduced to 1000 metres. On the airport location a module passenger building with security block and flight control center have been installed to enable ground operations which were not possible in the earlier-destroyed buildings.
Airport started off in 1980.
- 1980 - First flight Ust-Ilimsk - Irkutsk with Yakovlev 40.
- 1988 - First Tupolev 154 landed.
- 1989. = Hotel was built.
- 1993 - New passenger building started off
- 1994 - First Boeing 757-200 landed in the airport location
- 1995 - First in Syberia passenger boarding bridges appeared
- 1997 - Runway was increased to 3100 metres by Yugoslavia specialists.
- 2001 - Last passenger flight to Irkutsk city.
- 2001 - Last cargo flight
In 2002 airport was closed after its debts reached 40 million rubles. In 2005 airport went bankruptcy. All airport infrastructure was destroyed. Rebuilding needs a lot of money. Property partly was sold during bankruptcy, partly was given to Ust-Ilimsk city. Security disappeared since 2002, all other property was stolen.
Reanimation of airport was discussed a lot of times by Moscow companies, Lufthansa. One way or the other, companies declined this deals.
- 2013 - New company State enterprise "Runaway" was officially registered [original document - МУП «Посадочная площадка (Аэропорт) города Усть-Илимска»]
- 2013 - Local Parliament of Ust-Ilimsk declared airport infrastructure as city property. [originally - № 57/392 "О принятии недвижимого имущества из муниципальной собственности муниципального образования «Усть-Илимский район» в муниципальную собственность муниципального образования «город Усть-Илимск» объекты аэропорта были приняты в собственность города.]
Since August 13, 2013 Flights to Irkutsk have been started off. Airport is working after 11 years stop.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ust-Ilimsk Airport.|
- Аэропорт в Усть-Илимске «вылетел в трубу» / Газета «Восточно-Сибирская правда»
- "Расписание полётов из Улан-Удэ". Airport Baikal. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
|This article about an airport in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|