Utah House of Representatives
Utah House of Representatives
|Utah State Legislature|
New session started
|January 28, 2019|
Length of term
|Authority||Article VI, Utah Constitution|
|Salary||$117/day + per diem|
|November 3, 2020|
|November 8, 2022|
|House of Representatives Chamber|
Utah State Capitol
Salt Lake City, Utah
|Utah House of Representatives|
The Utah House of Representatives is the lower house of the Utah State Legislature, the state legislature of the U.S. state of Utah. The House is composed of 75 representatives elected from single member constituent districts. Each district contains an average population of 35,000 people. Members of the House are elected to two-year terms without term limits. The House convenes at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City.
Composition of the House of Representatives
(Shading indicates majority caucus)
|2011-2012 legislature (59th)||58||17||75||0|
|2013-2014 legislature (60th)||61||14||75||0|
|2015-2016 legislature (61st)||63||12||75||0|
|2017-2018 legislature (62nd)||62||13||75||0|
|2019-2020 legislature (63rd)||59||16||75||0|
|Latest voting share||77.3%||22.7%|
|Speaker of the House||Brad Wilson||Republican||15|
|Majority Leader||Francis Gibson||Republican||65|
|Majority Whip||Mike Schultz||Republican||12|
|Majority Assistant Whip||Val Peterson||Republican||59|
|Minority Leader||Brian King||Democratic||28|
|Minority Whip||Karen Kwan||Democratic||34|
|Minority Assistant Whip||Jennifer Dailey-Provost||Democratic||24|
Members of the 64th House of Representatives
- * Representative was originally appointed to office.
Past composition of the House of Representatives
- Utah State Legislative districts
- Utah State Senate
- List of Utah State Legislatures
- Elections in Utah
- Utah Republican Party
- Utah Democratic Party
- List of Representatives with Districts
- "Full House Leadership - Utah House of Representatives". Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "Incoming legislators tout fiscal discipline, limited government," The Leader, Nov. 27, 2018
- "Johnson defeats Brundage for Utah House 4 Seat," Cache Valley Daily, Nov. 7, 2018
- "Casey Snider appointed to Legislature by governor," Herald Journal, October 16, 2018
- Imlay, Ashley. "Utah Democrats select retired doctor to fill seat left by late Ogden Rep. Lou Shurtliff". Deseret News. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- Winslow, Ben. "Utah Lawmakers Look to Back Data Privacy".
- "Utah Democrats had a very good night in legislative races on Tuesday," Utah Policy.com, Nov. 6, 2018
- "Utah politician leaps from a razor-thin loss to a landslide win," PBS Newshour, Nov. 11, 2018
- "Murray’s Senate And House Seats Solidly Democrat As Voters Turn Out In Droves," Murray Journal, November 19, 2018
- "Rep. Christiansen, Steve R." Utah House of Representatives. Retrieved 26 January 2021.
- "A judge decides Utah Rep. Phil Lyman doesn't have to pay his fine for illegal Recapture Canyon ride any faster". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 26 January 2021.