Utah State Route 111
|8400 West, Bacchus Highway|
|Maintained by UDOT|
|Length:||10.596 mi (17.053 km)|
|Existed:||1931 – present|
|South end:||SR-48 in West Jordan|
| SR-173 in West Valley City
SR-171 in Magna
|North end:||SR-201 in Salt Lake City|
State Route 111 (SR-111) is a state highway in the U.S state of Utah that runs north–south across the west side of the Salt Lake Valley in Salt Lake County. It connects SR-201 in Magna to SR-48 in West Jordan in a span of 10.6 miles (17.06 km). It is known as 8400 West and Bacchus Highway throughout the route's course, in respect of north to south.
The route begins at the junction of SR-48 on the rural western end of West Jordan, near Copperton. It continues north as a two-lane road and curves northwest past its junction with 7800 South. The highway widens to four lanes by the time 5400 West terminates on the road. Past 5400 West, SR-111 turns north and passes the ghost town of Bacchus, where there is currently an industrial presence. SR-111 continues into Magna and cuts a path through the center of the town before terminating at SR-201, an expressway/freeway that connects the west-central fringes of the county to Salt Lake City.
The state legislature created State Route 111 in 1931, running west from SR-71 in Draper to SR-68 in Riverton. State Route 159, added in 1933, continued west from Riverton through Herriman to Lark and then turned north along the Oquirrh foothills to U.S. Route 50 (US-50), present-day SR-171 (3500 South), near Magna. The two routes were combined as SR-111 in 1945, and in 1957 the east end was extended north along 700 East, which had been SR-71, to 7700 South north of Sandy, only to be truncated back to Draper in 1959 when SR-71 was again restored there. In 1962, the northern terminus of SR-111 was extended north slightly from 3500 South (by then SR-171) to US-50 Alternate (now SR-201). The final change was a major truncation in 1969, moving the south end of SR-111 to its present location at SR-48 near Copperton. The portion of old SR-111 from SR-68 in Riverton to SR-71 in Draper became an extension of SR-71, but the remainder was removed from the state highway system.
|West Jordan||0.000||0.000||SR-48 (New Bingham Highway)||Southern terminus|
|West Valley City||5.733||9.226||SR-173 (5400 West)|
|Magna||9.104||14.651||SR-171 (3500 West)|
|10.534||16.953||SR-201 east||Seagull intersection|
|10.596||17.053||SR-201 west to I-80||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "State Route 111 Highway reference". Utah Department of Transportation.
- "Utah Highway Pages, 101-120 (111)". Stober, Dan.
- Utah State Legislature (1931). Chapter 55: Designation of State Roads. Session Laws of Utah.
(111) From Draper westerly to Riverton.
- Utah State Legislature (1933). Chapter 30. Session Laws of Utah.
(159) From Junction with route No. 4 south of Magna southerly along foothills to Lark and then easterly via Fort Harriman to Riverton.
- Utah State Legislature (1945). Chapter 61: State Roads and Routes. Session Laws of Utah.
Route 111. From route 4 south of Magna southerly along foothills to Lark, thence easterly via Herriman and Riverton to Draper.
- Utah State Legislature (1957). Chapter 54: State Roads — Designation. Session Laws of Utah.
Route 71. From Salt Lake City on route 181 southerly via Seventh East Street to 7700 South Street." "Route 111. From route 4 south of Magna southerly along foothills to Lark, thence easterly via Herriman and Riverton to Draper thence north to route 71.
- Utah State Legislature (1959). Chapter 46: Federal Aid Projects — Designation of State Roads. Session Laws of Utah.
Route 71. From route 111 near Draper, northerly via Seventh and Ninth East Streets to route 181 at Seventh East and South Temple Streets in Salt Lake City." "Route 111. From route 4 south of Magna southerly along foothills to Lark, thence easterly via Herriman and Riverton to Draper.
- Utah State Legislature (1963). Chapter 39: Highway Code. Session Laws of Utah.
Route 111. From route 201 north of Magna southeasterly via Bacchus, Lark, Herriman and Riverton to Draper.
- Utah Department of Transportation, Highway Resolutions: "Route 111". (3.46 MB), updated November 2007, accessed May 2008
- Wasatch Front Inset Map (Map). Utah Department of Transportation. Retrieved 15 June 2008.