Utah State Route 125
|Maintained by UDOT|
|Length:||21.855 mi (35.172 km)|
|Existed:||1931 (as SR-126, renumbered in 1933) – present|
|South end:||US-50 / SR-136 east of Delta|
|North end:||SR-132 near Leamington|
Utah State Route 125 (SR-125) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Utah. Spanning 21.8 miles (35.1 km), it converts the town of Oak City in Millard County with the city of Delta and US-50 to the west, and the town of Leamington to the north.
State Route 125 starts about 3 miles (4.8 km) east of Delta, at the intersection of US-50 and SR-136, and from there heads east towards Oak City. As the route approaches Oak City, it turns to the north before passing through the town as Main Street. After leaving town, the route gradually turns to the northeast before turning north again to enter the town of Leamington, ending at its intersection with SR-132.
The road from Lynndyl south to Oak City was originally designated as State Route 126 in 1931, and renumbered to State Route 125 in 1933. In 1953, the route was extended from its southern terminus in Oak City, taking over the western portion of Utah State Route 135 from Oak City to Delta. In addition, the original portion of the highway from Oak City north to Lynndyl was rerouted instead to run north to Leamington, some 5.5 miles (8.9 km) to the east, which reflects the current alignment of the route.
The entire route is in Millard County.
|||0.000||0.000||US-50 / SR-136 – Delta||Western terminus|
|Leamington||21.855||35.172||SR-132 (Main Street)||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Utah State Legislature (1931). Chapter 55: Designation of State Roads. Session Laws of Utah.
(126) From Lynndyl southerly to Oak City.
- "State Route 125 Highway reference" (PDF). Utah Department of Transportation. 29 December 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- Google. "Utah State Route 125" (Map). Google Maps. Google.
- Utah State Legislature (1933). Chapter 30. Session Laws of Utah.
(125) From Lynndyl southerly to Oak City.
- "State Route 135 highway resolutions" (PDF). Utah Department of Transportation. November 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- Utah State Legislature (1953). Chapter 45: Designation of State Roads. Session Laws of Utah.
Route 125. From route 26[sic] near Leamington southerly to Oak City thence westerly to route 26 east of Delta.