|Depth||1,378 to 1,579 m (4,521 to 5,180 ft)|
Utah Valley is a valley in North Central Utah located in Utah County, and is considered part of the Wasatch Front. It contains the cities of Provo, Orem, and their suburbs, including Alpine, American Fork, Cedar Hills, Elk Ridge, Highland, Lehi, Lindon, Mapleton, Payson, Pleasant Grove, Salem, Santaquin, Saratoga Springs, Spanish Fork, Springville, Vineyard and Woodland Hills. It is known colloquially as "Happy Valley".
Utah Lake is a natural shallow fresh water lake in its center. All rivers in the valley flow into Utah Lake, which itself empties into the Jordan River to the north. That river flows into the Salt Lake Valley through the Jordan Narrows, a gap in the Traverse Mountains. Geographic borders of the Utah Valley are the following; The Traverse Mountains and West Traverse Mountains to the north, the Wasatch mountains to the east, Juab Pass to the south, and Goshen Pass, West Mountain, Utah Lake, the Lake Mountains, and Cedar Pass to the west.
The north part of Utah Valley is considered the center of Silicon Slopes and includes headquarters and regional offices of many prominent technology companies including Adobe, Ancestry, Entrata, Intel/Micron joint venture IM Flash, Microsoft, Oracle, SanDisk, Qualtrics, Vivint, Workfront, Xactware and housing the largest NSA data center.
Most inhabitants of Utah Valley are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which operates four temples in the valley. These include the Provo Utah Temple in Provo, the Mount Timpanogos Utah Temple in American Fork, the Payson Utah Temple in Payson and the Provo City Center Temple which was dedicated in March 2016.
The population of Utah Valley is estimated at 575,205 by the United States Census Bureau. The growth in the area has been significant. In 1970, 1980, 1994, 2009 the population was 125,005; 204,102; 277,179; and 555,551 respectively. The most populous city is Provo, with a population count of 114,801 inhabitants.
- "Pollution Sources". kued.org. KUED. Retrieved Nov 24, 2019.
- "NSA in Utah: Mining a mountain of data". Salt Lake Tribune. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "IPEDS". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "QuickFacts: Utah County, Utah". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Fletcher, Joe. "Vacations in Utah Valley". USA Today. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "QuickFacts: Provo city, Utah". United States Census Bureau. 2015. Retrieved 21 April 2016.