Utrecht Lunetten railway station
|Opened||10 June 1874 (old), 25 September 1980 (new)|
|Closed||15 May 1932 (old)|
Utrecht Lunetten is a railway station located in Utrecht, Netherlands. The station originally opened on 10 June 1874 and is located on the Utrecht–Boxtel railway and the Hilversum–Lunetten railway (via Utrecht Maliebaan). The station closed on 15 May 1932. The station was re-opened on 25 September 1980. The services are currently operated by Nederlandse Spoorwegen.
When new the station was just an interchange station between the Utrecht - 's-Hertogenbosch line and the Hilversum - Utrecht Lunetten services. There was no entrance/exit to the station, so its sole purpose was for the interchange of these lines.
The following services currently call at Utrecht Lunetten:
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Utrecht - Geldermalsen - Tiel
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Utrecht - Geldermalsen - 's-Hertogenbosch
- Towards Utrecht Centraal only trains originating from 's-Hertogenbosch call at Utrecht Lunetten.
Two railway tracks are currently being added to the track around Utrecht Lunetten, in order to separate local from Intercity services.
- 8 - Utrecht Lunetten - Tolsteeg - Centraal Station - Centrum - Sterrenwijk
- 10 - Utrecht Lunetten - Kanaleneiland - Oudenrijn - Leidsche Rijn
- 15 - Utrecht Lunetten - Tolsteeg - Hoograven (during evenings and Weekends)