Utrecht School of the Arts
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2011)|
The institution has 680 teachers and staff members. The HKU cooperates with the Utrecht University at many levels, and in 1987 consolidated the Utrecht Conservatory, Carillon School and the Dutch Institute for Church Music into the HKU music department.
The HKU University of the Arts Utrecht offers preparatory courses, bachelor and master programmes and research degrees in fine art, design, music, theatre, media, games and interaction and arts management.
With more than 3,900 students, the HKU is one of the largest art and culture-oriented institutes in Europe.
The HKU University of the Arts Utrecht is internationally oriented and involved in numerous international programmes and projects. The HKU maintains contact with almost 200 educational institutions abroad for the purpose of exchanging lecturers, students and projects. Almost 20% of the students come from outside the Netherlands. Foreign students can attend the HKU as a regular student, an exchange student in programmes such as Socrates/Erasmus, a bilateral exchange programme or as an MA, MPhil or PhD student. Since 1999 the HKU is an accredited institution of the Open University.
The HKU University of the Arts Utrecht offers bachelor courses and pathways in fine art, design, music, theatre, media, games and interaction, arts education and arts management.
Courses in English:
- Bachelor of Fine Art (partially)
- Bachelor of Music
Courses in Dutch:
- Bachelor of Art and Economics
- Bachelor of Creative Media and Game Technologies
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Theatre
Courses in English for Exchange students:
- The HKU offers courses for international students, who wish to study 1 or 2 semesters abroad.
At the Utrecht School of the Arts, you can choose from a variety of master's courses and pathways in English:
- Master of Fine Arts in Scenography
- Master of Arts in Fine Art
- Master of Music, Performance
- Master of Music, Music Design
Courses in Dutch:
- Master of Education in Arts
- Master Interior Architecture
- Master Crossover Creativity
Other higher education institutions in Utrecht
- University of Professional Education Utrecht (HU — Hogeschool Utrecht)
- Utrecht University (Universiteit Utrecht)
- University College Utrecht affiliated with Utrecht University
- Utrecht School of the Arts (HKU — Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht) — page in English.