Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd. is the company handling thermal power stations in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. UPRVUNL is wholly owned state thermal power utility with present[when?] generating capacity of 4933 MW, operating 5 Thermal Power Stations within Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL) was constituted on dated 25.08.1980 under the Companies' Act 1956 for construction of new thermal power projects in the state sector.
- On 14 January 2000, in accordance to U.P. State Electricity Reforms Acts 1999 and operation of U.P. Electricity Reforms Transfer Scheme 2000, U.P. State Electricity Board (U.P.S.E.B.), till then responsible for generation, transmission and distribution of power within the state of Uttar Pradesh, was unbundled and operations of the state sector thermal power stations were handed over to UPRVUNL
- Unchahar Thermal Power Station - 420 MW (2X210) & Tanda Thermal Power Station 440 MW (4X110) were transferred to NTPC in year 1992 & year 2000 respectively before unbundling of U.P. State Electricity Board (U.P.S.E.B.) into;
- Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL),
- Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL),
- UP Power Transmission Corporation Limited (UPPTCL),
- UP Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (UPJVNL).
Past Transitions- (860 MW)
Erstwhile U.P.S.E.B. transferred its two thermal power stations among others to NTPC Limited against payment overdue. These power stations are;
- Unchahar Thermal Power Station 420 MW (now Feroze Gandhi Unchahar Thermal Power Plant)
- Tanda Thermal Power Station 440 MW (now Tanda Thermal Power Plant)
Present Installations- (4933 MW)
At present,As of 2014[update] UPRVUNL is looking after generations of power of five thermal power plants located in different parts of Uttar Pradesh, with a total installed generation capacity of 4933 MW.
- Anpara Thermal Power Station 2630 MW
- Obra Thermal Power Station 1288 MW
- Panki Thermal Power Station 210 MW
- Parichha Thermal Power Station 1140 MW 
- Harduaganj Thermal Power Station 665 MW 
Though installed capacity is 5933 MW but UPRVUNL is not able to utilize its full capacity ever due poor maintenance, lack of funds, aging plants & frequent units tripping.
Construction Stage- (3300 MW)
- Meja Stage I Meja Thermal Power Station, Meja Urja Nigam Private Limited (In 50:50 equity JV with NTPC Limited) - 2X660 (1320 MW)
- Karchana Thermal Power Station - 2×660 (1320MW)
- Harduaganj Extn.2 - 1×660 (660 MW)
Planning Stage- (6600 MW)
- Panki - 1x660 (660 MW)
- Obra Stage C - 2x660 (1320 MW)
- Meja Stage II - 2x660 (1320 MW)
- Ghatampur Thermal Power Station - 3×660 (1980 MW) - a Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited (In 49:51 equity JV with Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd.)
- Jawaharpur Super Thermal Power Station, Etah district --2x660 MW 
As of 1 January 2014 UPRVUNL had 1311 executives and 6514 non-executives on its roll.
- "BHEL commissions 250 MW Unit-5 at Parichha Thermal Power Project". sarkaritel.com. 2012-05-29. Archived from the original on December 25, 2013. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "BHEL commissions 250 MW Unit at Harduaganj Thermal Power Project". sarkaritel.com. 2012-06-07. Archived from the original on July 31, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-27.