Uttarakhand Technical University
|Vice-Chancellor||Narendra S. Chaudhari|
Uttarakhand Technical University is a public university in the Indian state of Uttarakhand set up by the Government of Uttarakhand on 27 January 2005, through the Uttarakhand Technical University Act 2005. It has 8 constituent institutes and approximately 132 affiliated colleges spread all over the state.
Departments and faculties
- Business Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Biotech Engineering
- Engineering and Technology
- Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Medical Sciences
- Law (via affiliated colleges)
- Agriculture & Forestry (via affiliated colleges)
- Power System Engineering
Affiliated colleges and institutes
The university has been established in an area of 8.372 hectare and it is the only affiliating university of the state for technical institutions. There are 8 constituent and 132 affiliated colleges with 33,000 students in courses mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA)|
|Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech): 720||Faculty of Technology M.Tech UTU Campus||Professional courses|
The university imparts education in graduate, post graduate and doctorate programmes in disciplines like Management, Engineering, Hotel Management, Computer Application, Pharmacy, etc.
It serves technical education through its progress monitored each semester, part time Ph.D programme especially designed for teachers and scientists by giving them opportunity to explore the untouched area of research. The university runs M.Tech and M.Pharma programmes, apart from the 8 Constituent Colleges. It is spreading technical education in the remote underprivileged area of Uttarakhand hills.
- THDC Institute of Hydropower Engineering and Technology, New Tehri
- Seemant Institute of Technology, Pithoragarh
- Women Institute of Technology, Dehradun
- Institute of Technology Gopeshwar, Gopeshwar
- State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology & Applied, New Tehri
- Institute of Technology Tanakpur (under construction)
- Institute of Technology, Uttarkashi (under construction)
- Institute of Technology, Salt, Almora (proposed)
- Doon PG College Of Peramedical Science and Hospital
- Gyani Inder Singh Institute of Professional Studies, Dehradun
- "Establishment". uktech.ac.in. Uttarakhand Technical University. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Constituent Institutes". uktech.ac.in. Uttarakhand Technical University. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Affiliated Institutes". uktech.ac.in. Uttarakhand Technical University. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "About UTU". uktech.ac.in. Uttarakhand Technical University. Retrieved 2 September 2017.