Uuvudhiya Constituency is an electoral constituency in the Oshana Region of Namibia. It has 4,357 inhabitants, its district capital is the settlement of Uuvudhiya. The constituency had 2,869 registered voters as of 2004.
Uuvudhiya constituency is traditionally a stronghold of the South West Africa People's Organization (SWAPO) party.
In the 2010 regional elections, SWAPO's Seblon Paulus won the constituency with 1,621 votes. His only challenger was Gabriel SH. Jeremia of the Rally for Democracy and Progress, who received 19 votes. In the 2015 local and regional elections the SWAPO candidate won uncontested and became councillor after no opposition party nominated a candidate.
- Constituencies of Namibia, 2004
- Uuvudhiya Constituency. Namibia Electoral Commission. 2004. Retrieved on March 24, 2008.
- Shaanika, Helvy (30 August 2013). "Stricken cattle threaten lake". New Era.
- Results from the Electoral Commission of Namibia
- Kangootui, Nomhle (23 October 2015). "Swapo gets ǃNamiǂNûs uncontested". The Namibian. Archived from the original on October 24, 2015.
|This article about government in Namibia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|