|Country||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Province||South Kivu Province|
|Elevation||746 m (2,448 ft)|
It is located at the extreme north end of Lake Tanganyika. Kalundu is a lake port at the southern end of the town, which provides links by boat to Kalemie in Katanga Province, Kigoma in Tanzania, Pulungu in Zambia and Bujumbura (the largest city and capital of Burundi).
Uvira is also linked by road to:
- Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi (25 km)
- The territory of Fizi (60 km)
- Rwanda via Kamanyola border (80 km)
- Bukavu, the capital of the South Kivu province (120 km)
- Kalemie in Katanga Province (385 km)
Uvira Mental Health Center will serve primarily residents in territory of Uvira, territory of Fizi and Territory of Walungu (kamanyola), although individuals living outside the region may also receive care.
- "Retracing Che Guevara's Congo Footsteps". BBC News. 25 November 2004.
- Map "Uvira, Sud-Kivu, Congo-Kinshasa" (PDF). Reférential Geographique Commun, République Démocratique du Congo. 21 December 2012.[permanent dead link]
|This Democratic Republic of the Congo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|