Uwa District, Iyo
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2006) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 866 - Uwa District divided into Uwa and Kita Districts.
- On February 25, 1876, Okinoshima, Himejima, and Ugurujima Islands were sent to Hata District in Tosa Province
- On December 16, 1878, The district was divided to create the Nishiuwa, Higashiuwa, Kitauwa, and Minamiuwa Districts. The Uwa District was thus dissolved.
- Nishiuwa District - Active (The area once included the city of Yawatahama and parts of the cities of Seiyo and Ōzu)
- Higashiuwa District - Dissolved on April 1, 2004 (The area once included the cities of Seiyo, Uwajima and Ōzu)
- Kitauwa District - Active (The area once included the city of Uwajima (excluding some parts of the city))
- Minamiuwa District - Active
|This Ehime Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|