This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Uwais Bin Amir|
Arabic: أويس القرنى
|Known For||Being a follower of Muhammad and Ali|
|Died||March 657 CE (7 Shawwal 36 Hijri)|
|Burial Place||Raqqa, Syria|
|Influenced||Saints of the Uwaisi tradition|
|Revered by||Sufis and Shiʻites|
Uwais ibn ʻAmir ibn Harb al-Qarni (Arabic: أويس ابن أنيس القرني), was a Muslim from Yemen who lived during the lifetime of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad. His burial price is in al-Raqqah, Syria. It was destroyed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in 2013.
One of the most comprehensive books[according to whom?] on Uwais Al Qarni is undoubtedly the book by the name of “The Life and Times of Uwais Al Qarni” which was written by a South African scholar by the name of Moulana Uwais Al Qarni Ahmed.
Uwais' father, ʻAmir, was a strong believer in Islam. He died when Uwais was young.
Martyrdom in the Battle of Siffin
Damage of Uwais' Mosque
The Uwaisi form of Islamic mysticism was named after Uwais, as it refers to the transmission of spiritual knowledge between two individuals without the need for physical interaction between them.
- "Desecration of the Mosque of the Companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw)– Ammar Ibn Yassir and Uwais Al-Qarni in Raqqa, Syria." World Federation. N.p., 05 Aug. 2013. Web. 25 Aug. 2013. <http://www.world-federation.org/Secretariat/Articles/Desecration_graves_companions_Holy_Prophet_Muhammad_SAW_Ammar_ibn_Yassir_Uwais_alQarani_Raqq_Syria.htm>.
- Beale, Oriental Bibliotheca
- 'Space archaeologists' and activists are using satellites to unearth history
- "The Moment Isis Detonated a More Than 500 Year old Shrine". 30 May 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Attar, Muslim Saints and Mystics, trans. A.J. Arberry, London: Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1983
- "The story of Uwais Al-Qarni – Sahih Muslim | AbdurRahman.Org". Salaf-us-saalih.com. 2009-07-23. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- Mohammad, Inam (1978). Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Qalandar of Sehwan-Sharif. Royal Book Co. p. 87. ISBN 0-918437-21-0. See Amazon page ASIN: B0000CQRGQ. Original from the University of Michigan.
- Kabbani, Shaykh M. Hisham (2004). Classical Islam and the Naqshbandi Sufi Tradition. Islamic Supreme Council of America. pp. 63–64. ISBN 1-930409-23-0. See Amazon page
- Film on Uwais Al Qarani subtitled by Al-Masumeen.com
- Maktab Tarighat Oveyssi Shahmaghsoudi (School of Islamic Sufism)
- The Extreme Mourning of Uwais al-Qarni
- Islamic Sufism Genealogy, November 2004, Tehran University Publications
- The Uwaisi Transmission of Spiritual Knowledge (Naqshbandi-Haqqani website)
- About Uwais al-Qarni, from "The Children Around the Table of Allah," by Shaykh Muhammad Sa'id al-Jamal ar-Rifa'i
- Uwais Qarni
- Wikilivres has original media or text related to this article: public domain in South Korea) (in the