This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Uwe Böning (born 1947 in Zittau) is a German business coach, management consultant and author. He is considered to be one of the pioneers in German business coaching and has shaped research, practice, training and association work in this field to a great extent.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
As of 1974, Böning worked as clinical psychologist / psychotherapist in his own practice, while at the same time working as a research assistant for the University of Mainz. He started his career as Management Trainer in 1979, when he worked for two Management Consultancies in Munich. Since 1985, he has been acting as Management Consultant and Coach, by now solely on top executive level. Together with Brigitte Fritschle, he established the Management Consultancy Böning-Consult GmbH in Frankfurt am Main and is one of its two Managing Partners. In parallel, Böning served as HR Executive from 1992 to 1995 at Bosch-Siemens Hausgeräte (B/S/H) in Munich.
In conjunction with Brigitte Fritschle and Jörg Wirtgen, Böning is founder of the European Coaching Company (E. C. C.), which has been offering a certified training as international business coach since 2005. In addition, he is co-founder and initiator of the Deutscher Bundesverband Coaching e. V. (DBVC) along with Christopher Rauen. From 2004 to 2006, he was Chairman of the DBVC.
Böning’s scientific work deals with personality characteristics of executives in Germany (top, senior and middle managements) and the performance measurement of coaching. Böning was assistant lecturer at the University of Osnabrück, and the University of Freiburg. Furthermore, he acted as visiting lecturer in topics such as Coaching and leadership at the Bielefeld University, at the Mannheim Business School (MBS) and at INSEAD. He has also initiated and organized the Ekeberger Coaching Tage in collaboration with Siegfried Greif and Brigitte Fritschle. The Ekeberger Coaching Tage is an annual symposium, treating current topics in the field of Coaching. Its aim is to foster the exchange of academics and practitioners and thus further professionalize the coaching industry. Together with Brigitte Fritschle, Frank and Heidrun Strikker and Christine Kaul, he launched the Coaching Globe, an Internet-based platform for practicing experts, academics, publicists and interested non-professionals. Böning is author of textbooks and articles in the field of coaching, Change Management, Leadership and Post-Merger-Integration.
So far, Böning has published 7 books, over 30 articles, and shared business insights in several professional journals and books.
- Böning, Uwe & Fritschle, Brigitte: Coaching fürs Business. Was Coaches, Personaler und Manager über Coaching wissen müssen. ManagerSeminare Verlag, Bonn 2005, ISBN 978-3-936075-27-4.
- Böning, Uwe & Fritschle, Brigitte: Herausforderung Fusion. Die Integration entscheidet. FAZ-Verlag, 2001, ISBN 3-89843-012-X.
- Böning, Uwe (Hrsg.): Interkulturelle Business-Kompetenz. FAZ-Verlag, 2000, ISBN 3-933180-44-9.
- Böning, Uwe & Fritschle, Brigitte: Veränderungsmanagement auf dem Prüfstand. Eine Zwischenbilanz aus der Unternehmenspraxis. Haufe-Verlag, 1997, ISBN 3-448-03512-2.
- Stenzel, S. (2008). Coaching und Supervision. In R. Bröckermann & M. Müller-Vorbrüggen (Eds.), Handbuch Personalentwicklung. Die Praxis der Personalbildung, Personalförderung und Arbeitsstrukturierung (pp. 369-370). Stuttgart: Schäffer-Poeschel Verlag.