||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2009)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016)|
Uwe Eickert is an American board game designer of German descent. He is the Principal and one of the founders of Academy Games. He is the chief designer of the "Conflict of Heroes" board wargame series, games that teach combined arms usage. Players can experiment with different tactical options to learn effective company level strategies.
The first game in the "Conflict of Heroes" series, "Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! - Russia 1941-1942", is the 2009 Origins Award Winner for the Best Historical Board Game. A jury of experts drawn from the Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design and the Game Manufacturers Association’s (GAMA) three divisions select the top ten of the submitted games and present them to game store retailers in attendance at the GAMA Trade Show in April each year.
In 2009, "Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! - Russia 1941-1942" won two 2008 Charles S. Roberts Awards: (1) Best WWII Era Board Game, and (2) Best Graphic Design.
In that same year, Uwe himself also won the 2008 Charles S. Roberts James F. Dunnigan Best Design Elegance Award.
Also in 2009, the second game in the "Conflict of Heroes" series, another Uwe Eickert design, was released: "Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel - Eastern Front 1943-45".
Strike of the Eagle won the 2012 Origins Historical Game of the Year. This game covers the Polish Soviet War of 1920.
- Uwe Eickert's profile at LinkedIn
- Uwe Eickert's profile at boardgamegeek
- Academy Games team list
- 2008 CSR Awards
- Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! - Russia 1941-42 Published 2008 and republished in 2012.
- Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel - Eastern Front 1943-45 Published 2009
- Conflict of Heroes: Price of Honour - Poland 1939 Published 2010
- Strike of the Eagle - The Soviet Polish War of 1920 Published 2011
- Birth of America Series: 1812 - The Invasion of Canada Published 2012
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|