|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (July 2011)|
Uwu Lena is a German pop group which consists of eight members from Münster. During the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Uwu Lena covered Lena Meyer-Landrut's version of the winning song of the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, "Satellite", written by American songwriter Julie Frost and Danish songwriter John Gordon. They called the German language cover version "Schland o Schland".
History of the band
The name of the pop group, "Uwu Lena" is a combination of Uwe Seeler, Vuvuzela and Lena. the band consists of students from Münster. Besides Christian Landgraf, the writer of Schland o Schland, the band comprises Timo Buehring, Nikolai Gaschütz, Sören Glück, Jötten John, Robert Krotoszynski, Matthias Landgraf and Moritz Schefers. Before the publication of "Schland o Schland" the band had also sung together, but not in the intention to commercialize their songs. The publication of the music, just before the World Cup 2010 was, due to Johannes Jötten, coincidental, because the song was only considered to be destined for the friends and their acquaintances. Following the publication of Schland o Schland by Universal Music the band appeared on several events and television programs, including the ZDF Fernsehgarten on 20 June 2010.
- Schland o Schland (single) 2010 (Universal B003S9W698)
- Martin Schmidtner: Schland oh Schland – German text version based loosely on Lena Meyer-Landrut's song. in: Euro-Vision 2010 – the blog of ESC by Marc Schulte and Martin Schmidtner on vorwärts.de. 12 June 2010.
- Michael Müller: Vuvuzela, Uwe Seeler, Uwu Lena. in: FAZ.NET. 16 June 2010.
- Students create a hymn for the World Cup En: Wdr.de. 15 June 2010.
- John Puthenpurackal, Eva de Lubomirz: Lena cae en lo real de las listas? in: bild.de. 20 June de 2010.
- Volker Probst: From zero to number one: "Schland o Schland". in: n-tv.de. 16 June 2010.
- Oliver Koch: music goes round the world in: Münstersche Zeitung. 15 June 2010.
- Himno de la Copa del Mundo "Schland O Schland" ahora viven German Press agency, 17 June 2010.
- Review: TV ZDF en 2010/06/20 por ZDF.de (23 Jun 2010)