Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Manu Ashokan|
|Produced by||Shenuga, Shegna and Sherga|
|Music by||Gopi Sundar|
|Edited by||Mahesh Narayan|
S Cube Films
|Distributed by||Kalpaka films, Indywood Distribution Network(IDN)|
Uyare is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language drama film directed by Manu Ashokan, scripted by Bobby-Sanjay and produced by the sister-trio, daughters of producer P. V. Gangadharan, Shenuga, Shegna and Sherga. The film stars Parvathy, Asif Ali and Tovino Thomas in lead roles.
The story revolves around the life of Pallavi (Parvathy), a girl whose ambition is to be a pilot. She is in love with Govind (Asif Ali), who is highly possessive about her. She starts to dread his authoritarian nature and finally musters courage to break free from the abusive. However, her life changes when she is attacked by Govind who throws acid on her face as revenge. The rest of the movie deals with her struggle to keep her life from falling apart and attain justice.
- Parvathy as Pallavi Raveendran
- Asif Ali as Govind Balakrishnan
- Tovino Thomas as Vishal Rajashekharan
- Siddique as Raveendran (Pallavi's Father)
- Anarkali Marikar as Sariya D Costa
- Samyuktha Menon as Tessa (Cameo Appearance)
- Pratap K. Pothen as Senior Air Traffic Controller
- Prem Prakash as Balakrishnan Nair (Govind's Father)
- Rajani Murali as Govind's Mother
- Bhagath Manuel as Abhi (Pallavi's Brother In Law)
- Preetha Pradeep as Pallavi's Sister
- Sreeram Ramachandran as Deepak
- Irshad as Govind's Advocate
- Anil Murali as Pallavi's Advocate
- Mathew Arun as Avinash (Cameo Appearance)
- Evelin as Young Pallavi Raveendran
- V.K.Baiju as Public prosecutor
- Kay Kay Menon as Flying Instructor/ Air Traffic Controller
- Ajay Mathew as Pilot
- Nazeer Latheef as Judge
- Blessy Kurian as Air Hostess
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Gopi Sunder chronology|
|1.||"Pathinettu Vayassilu"||Christa Kala||2:10|
|2.||"Nee Mukilo"||Vijay Yesudas, Sithara||3:28|
|3.||"Kaattil Veezha"||Shakthisree Gopalan||5:30|
The first look poster of Uyare was released on 27 February 2019 portraying the character glimpses of the lead actors. The official trailer of the movie was released on 17 April 2019. The film released on 26 April 2019.
Rating the film 4.5 on a scale of 5 and describing the film as "poignant" and "classy", Sajin Shrijith of The New Indian Express said, "From the first frame to the last, Uyare is an exercise in restrained, sensitive filmmaking." Gautam S. of Deccan Chronicle wrote: "Uyare is an engaging and inspirational movie, which will remain in our hearts. It flies high on a gratifying script and performances." Film critic Veeyen wrote: "The structural elements of ‘Uyare’ are bound to be familiar and the genre expectations are all in place, in that it has all the essential prerequisites of a survivor story. And yet, it’s a story that needs to be told, time and again, in a world that has turned a bit too dark with relationships that have gone all adrift." Sify.com rated the film 4 on a scale of 5 and wrote that the film is "an overwhelming experience that narrates a highly relevant issue in a fabulous way." S. R. Praveen from The Hindu felt that "predictability is a problem" [in the film] and was also critical about the background score. He however praised Parvathy's performance, writing: "Despite the minor quibbles, ‘Uyare’ soars high on Parvathy’s wings."
- "Uyare trailer: The sky's the limit for Parvathy". indianexpress.com.
- uyare/article26861953.ece "'Uyare' has made me more empathetic and sensitive': Parvathy" Check
|url=value (help). thehindu.com.
- "In Malayalam film 'Uyare', an acid attack survivor faces up to tragedy with courage". scroll.in.
- "Parvathy doesn't need many retakes: 'Uyare' director". newindianexpress.com.
- "Scriptwriter Sanjay speaks on the film 'Uyare' starring Parvathy". thehindu.com.
- "'Uyare' starring Asif Ali, Tovino Thomas and Parvathy starts rolling". dailyhunt.in.
- "'Uyare' movie review: Parvathy joins the inspiring 'Sheroes'". OnManorama. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- M. K., Surendhar (10 May 2019). "Raghava Lawrence's Kanchana 3 pulls in Rs 70 cr in Tamil Nadu; Uyare earns Rs 9.4 cr worldwide in 10 days". Firstpost. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- "'Uyare' film review: Poignant, classy drama worth cheering for"
- "Uyare movie review: Uyare soars high"
- "Uyare (2019) Malayalam Movie Review – Veeyen"
- "Uyare review: Two big thumbs up for this one. It’s a must watch"
- "‘Uyare’ movie review: Despite minor quibbles, film soars high on Parvathy’s wings"