1945 (age 75–76)
|Occupation||Television actress and advertiser|
|Honours||Pride of Performance (1982)|
Uzma Gillani (born 1945; Urdu: عظمیٰ گیلانی) is a veteran Pakistani television actress and advertiser. Known for her tough nature and autocratic choice of roles, she is considered to be one of the greatest television actors of all time in Pakistan. Uzma began her career through PTV's most successful plays Waris (1979–1982), Nasheman (1982), Dehleez (1981) and Panah (1981) which earned her widespread acclaim and recognition and a Pride of Performance Award by the President of Pakistan in 1982.
Uzma Gillani also battled successfully with cancer in her life. With her career spanning over forty-five years, she is one of the early TV actresses that gained fame when television came into Pakistan in 1964.
Selected television series
- Panah (1981) (subject was the Afghan war and the refugees)
- Waris (1979–1982)
- Firaaq (2014)
- Shehr-e-Ajnabi (2014)
- Man-o-Salwa (2007)
- Amar Bail (TV One)
- Kinara Mil Gaya Hota
- Ishq Atish
- Dastar-e-Ana (2017)
- Kaisa Hai Naseeban (2019)
- Bhool (2019)
- Sacch (2019) as Uzma
- Pride of Performance Award by the President of Pakistan in 1982
- Hum Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role – Firaaq (TV Series) (she was nominated for this award in 2014)
- Mairas (23 July 2011). "Best Pakistani Female TV Actors: Uzma Gillani". filmplusmovies.com website. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- Profile of Uzma Gillani on tv.com.pk website Retrieved 21 March 2019
- "2014 Hum Awards winners". Correspondent. Dawn News newspaper. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "3rd Hum TV Awards: Complete Nomination List 2015". Rida Sadiq. Brand Synario. 24 March 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
|This Pakistani biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|