From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the sub machine gun, see Uzi.
Uzzi (Hebrew עוזי `OoZY) is a biblical name meaning "my strength".
People with this name:
- (Greek: Οζι in 1 Chr., Σαουια in Ezra; Latin: Ozi), the son of Bukki, a descendant of Aaron (1 Chr. 6:5, 51; Ezra 7:4)
|Israelite religious titles|
|High Priest of Israel||Succeeded by
- (Greek: Οζι; Latin: Ozi), a grandson of Issachar (1 Chr. 7:2, 3)
- (Greek: Οζι; Latin: Ozi), a son of Bela, and grandson of Benjamin (1 Chr. 7:7)
- (Greek: Οζι; Latin: Ozi), a Benjamite, a chief in the tribe (1 Chr. 9:8)
- (Greek: Οζι; Latin: Azzi), a son of Bani, had the oversight of the Levites after the return from captivity (Neh. 11:22)
- (Greek: Οζι; Latin: Azzi), the head of the house of Jedaiah, one of "the chief of the priests" (Neh. 12:19)
- (Greek: Οζι; Latin: Azzi) a priest who assisted in the dedication of the walls of Jerusalem (Neh. 12:42)
- Alin Adrian "Uzzi" Demeter, Romanian Hip-Hop artist, member of B.U.G. Mafia
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|