|Born||7 December 1967 (age 51)|
Jindřichův Hradec, Czechoslovakia
|Residence||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Height||194 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
|Relatives||Václav Chalupa (father)|
Václav Chalupa Jr. (born 7 December 1967 in Jindřichův Hradec, Czechoslovakia) is a Czech rower who competed at six consecutive Olympics from 1988 to 2008, winning a silver medal in 1992 behind Thomas Lange in the single scull.
His first coach was his father Václav Chalupa Sr., who competed at the 1960 and 1964 Olympics and reestablished the only rowing club in their small town when he was thirteen. From 1989 till 2004 he was coached by Zdeněk Pecka.
He rowed at sixteen world championships. In the single scull, he came second at four consecutive meets from 1989 to 1993, and third in 1995, 1998, and 2001 (when just 0.7 seconds separated the top three rowers). At his final world championships in Poznan, he came second in the coxed pairs.
He is a captain in the Czech army and a skilled repairman of agricultural machinery.
His oldest son Václav (born 1994) is also a rower.
He holds the record for the Diamond Challenge Sculls at the Henley Royal Regatta (1989) with a time of 7.23 min.
- "Archived copy". WorldRowingMagazine.com. Archived from the original on 19 January 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "World Rowing Medalists". HickokSports.com. Archived from the original on 21 May 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Chalupa announces retirement with silver medal". WorldRowing.com. Archived from the original on 2 September 2009. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- "Thames World Sculling Challenge". Twsc.rowing.org.uk. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "1990 Goodwill Games Medalists". GoodwillGames.com. Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "The Year 2001 Race". Twsc.Rowing.org.uk. 7 December 1967. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "The Year 2001 Race". Twsc.Rowing.org.uk. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Archived copy". WorldRowingMagazine.com. Archived from the original on 22 April 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Regatta Records - Henley Royal Regatta". www.hrr.co.uk.
- Vaclav Chalupa Jr. at FISA WorldRowing.com
- Václav Chalupa Jr. at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Vaclav Chalupa at the International Olympic Committee
| Thomas Keller Medal