|Born||3 June 1930|
|Died||5 February 2019 (aged 88)|
Václav Vorlíček (3 June 1930 – 5 February 2019) was a Czech film director. He studied filmmaking at FAMU from 1951 to 1956, and began directing feature films since the early 1960s. His filmography includes several comedies made in collaboration with screenwriter Miloš Macourek. He directed several children's and fairytale films, most notably Tři oříšky pro Popelku (1973), a Christmas film classic in many European countries.
The director was a widower and father of two daughters. He died in his hometown Prague, aged 88, from cancer.
- Who Wants to Kill Jessie? (1966)
- The End of Agent W4C (1967)
- You Are a Widow, Sir (1970)
- Dívka na koštěti (1971)
- Tři oříšky pro Popelku (1973)
- How to Drown Dr. Mracek, the Lawyer (1974)
- Což takhle dát si špenát (1977)
- Arabela (1979-1980)
- Zelená vlna (1982)
- Young Wine (1986)
- "Václav Vorlíček". Česko-Slovenská filmová databáze (in Czech). POMO Media Group. Retrieved 2011-08-29.