Vålerbanen is a race track located in Braskereidfoss, Norway. It is a part of Norsk Trafikksenter and is also used for driving practice by driver's license students, in particular driving under special conditions such as on icy roads. Among the more popular events hosted at Vålerbanen are the annual Gatebil event and Norway's largest amateur racing event and sports car display, Classic & Sportscar Meeting. On 14 September 2008, The track hosted the tenth race of the 2008 Swedish Touring Car Championship season.
Although not as technically demanding as Rudskogen, it is significantly faster and allows better for overtaking.
For the 2008 season, a newly built 1.2-kilometer (0.75 mi) track section was added. Although not usable for racing, it is regularly used for trackday meets and driving practice.
- 2.3-kilometer (1.43 mi) circular track
- 2.0-kilometer (1.24 mi) off-road track for four-wheeled vehicles
- 800-meter (0.50 mi) outdoor go-kart track
- 3 skidpans (straight line, curve and downhill)
- Vålerbanen official website
- Norsk Trafikksenter official website
- Track info from STCC official website
|This article about a Norwegian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a motor sport venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|