Church of Ntra. Sra de la Encarnación
|• Mayor||Miguel Martínez-Carlón Manchón (PSOE)|
|• Total||282 km2 (109 sq mi)|
|Elevation||847 m (2,779 ft)|
|• Density||24/km2 (61/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
There are people living there from 30,000 years ago, but the present location is from the 15th-16th centuries, when some Moriscos and some Christians came to live in the present Fatín area, and then they expanded around the church and the town hall. But the greatest development was during the 18th and 19th centuries, when were built the straightest and largest streets, with the most luxurious buildings.
- Church of the Virgin of the Incarnation, the most important of the province of Almeria.
- Ethnographic museum.
- The convent of the Immaculate Conception.
- Venerable Hermandad de Ntro Padre Jesús Nazareno (Venerable brotherhood of our Father Jesus from Nazareth) known as "the slaves". It was founded on the 16th century.
- Cofradía de la Santa Vera Cruz y Sangre de Cristo (brotherhood of the Jesus' Holy True Cross and Blood) known as "Christ of the Coffin".
- Tradicional Hermandad de Ntra Sra de los Dolores (Traditional brotherhood of Our Lady of the Sorrows) known as "the coffees". It was founded on the 19th century.
- Cofradía del Santísimo Cristo del Perdón y de los Afligidos (brotherhood of the Holy Christ of the Pardon and Afflicted), known as "the porcelains".
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Noticias de la Comarca de Los Vélez- Vélez Rubio
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Municipality of Vélez-Rubio
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Vélez-Rubio - Sistema de Información Multiterritorial de Andalucía
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Vélez-Rubio - Diputación Provincial de Almería
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Portal of businesses and Information in Vélez-Rubio[permanent dead link] - TODOVELEZ.ES
|This article about a location in the province of Almería, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|