Claver warming up with Valencia
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
August 30, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||224 lb (102 kg)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Round: 1 / Pick: 22nd overall|
|Selected by the Portland Trail Blazers|
|2012–2015||Portland Trail Blazers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Claver began his playing career with the youth teams of his school, Sagrado Corazón HH. Maristas de Valencia, in Spain. He made his professional debut with Valencia during the 2006–07 season. He played in Europe's second-level competition, the Eurocup, for the first time during the 2007–08 season and won it in the 2009–10 season.
He also played in the Euroleague during the 2010–11 season and averaged 10.9 points and 4.9 rebounds over 14 games.
Claver was drafted 22nd overall by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 2009 NBA Draft. On July 12, 2012, Claver signed a three-year deal with the Trail Blazers. He was assigned to the NBA D-League's Idaho Stampede on December 7, 2012, and recalled on December 9, 2012. The following day, he made his first NBA start, scoring 4 points in 25 minutes with 5 rebounds and 2 assists. Claver was re-assigned to the Idaho Stampede on December 14, 2012, and recalled on December 16, 2012. He played 80 games for the Trail Blazers over the next three years.
On February 19, 2015, Claver was traded, along with Will Barton, Thomas Robinson and a lottery-protected 2016 first-round pick, to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for Arron Afflalo and Alonzo Gee. Three days later, he was waived by the Nuggets before playing in a game for them.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
Spanish national team
As a member of the junior national teams of Spain, Claver won a bronze medal at the 2006 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship and a bronze medal at the 2008 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. He has also played with the senior Spanish national basketball team. He won a gold medal at the EuroBasket 2009 and at the EuroBasket 2011, and a bronze medal at the EuroBasket 2013.
Awards and accomplishments
Spanish national team
- 2006 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship: Bronze
- 2008 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Bronze
- EuroBasket 2009: Gold
- EuroBasket 2011: Gold
- EuroBasket 2013: Bronze
- "Trail Blazers Sign Spanish International Victor Claver". iamatrailblazersfan.com. 2012-07-12. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- 2012–13 NBA Assignments
- "Box Score, Portland vs. Toronto, Monday, December 10, 2012". nba.com. 10 December 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "Nuggets Acquire Barton, Claver, Robinson and Protected First Round Pick From Portland". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- "Nuggets Waive Claver and Robinson". NBA.com. February 22, 2015. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- "BC Khimki signed with Victor Claver". bckhimki.ru. 1 March 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Victor Claver on Twitter(Spanish)
- NBA.com profile
- Euroleague.net profile
- Spanish League profile (Spanish)
- Draftexpres.com profile
- NBADraft.net profile