Víctor Antonio Drija Vivas|
16 January 1985
|Residence||Miami, United States|
|Labels||Universal Music, Independent|
Drija was born in Caracas, Venezuela to acclaimed dancers and choreographers Anita Vivas and Antonio Drija. He is also the brother of Broadway dancer, George Akram. Drija took on dance classes with Kehynde Hill, Dave Scott, Brian Green, Tabitha D'Umo, Marty Kudelka, The Jabbawockeez and Shane Sparks, among other renowned Hip Hop dancers.
2000–2007: Beginnings with Ruta de las mañanas
His first appearance on television was on the children's shows of RCTV, Video Time and Ruta de las Mañanas and on Venevisión Rugemanía's television program. His skills as a dancer captured the attention of many, as he learned with ease, garnering a number of opportunities to showcase in events like los Premios Ronda, Chica 2001, Unidos Contra el Cáncer and Premios Anda. In 2000, he traveled to the United States, performing in events such as Nuestra Navidad and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2002. Drija also performed in stage shows such as Celebremos La Vida and Érase Una Vez Un Baúl Encantado. He additionally performed at the Premios Fox Sports, Premios Lo Nuestro, Premios Juventud, and Selena ¡VIVE!, accompanying artists such as: Gloria Estefan, Alejandro Sanz, Sin Bandera, Olga Tañon, Ivy Queen, Paulina Rubio, Aleks Syntek, Aventura, Frankie J and Juan Luis Guerra.
2007–2011: Success with Somos tú y yo
En 2007, Drija landed her first leading role on television, as Víctor Gómez in Somos tú y yo. The series was a co-production between the Boomerang and Venevisión, the series was broadcast in Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. The series was premiered for the first time on June 27, 2007 in Venezuela by Venevisión. The series premiered on January 15, 2008 by Boomerang in Latin America and Europe. The series ended on December 15, 2008 and its final episode had and audience of approximately 9.8 million. In 2008, the cast toured Venezuela, performing songs from the series, and when the show ended in 2009, a compilation album of ten songs from the series, titled Somos tú y yo: un nuevo día was released. Víctor later became a contributing choreographer for the second and third seasons of "Somos Tú y Yo." Drija has additionally been credited with being responsible for the visual concepts and choreographies of performers like Chino y Nacho, Franco & Oscarcito, Lsquadron, as well as many large-scale events such as Miss Venezuela.
In January 2009, Drija starred in the television series Somos tú y yo: un nuevo día, where he played the characters of Sheryl Sanchez and Candy. The series is a spin-off of Somos tú y yo and was based on the American movie Grease. The series was premiered on August 17, 2009 by the Boomerang.
2010–presente: Solo career and upcoming debut studio album
In 2010, Drija announced she would release her first album as a solo artist, titled "Pasado, presente, futuro". When asked about the album's genre, she described it as mainly dance with hip hop influences. The album's lead single, "1, 2, 3", was released for digital download on her website on 20 August. In November 2010, he released the videoclip of his second single, "Este amor". In March 2011, he was the opening act for the Colombian singer Shakira, at the Poliedro de Caracas in Venezuela. In November 2011, he received an award for his work at the Festival Internacional de la Orquídea in Maracaibo.
In 2012, he released the first single «Amanecer», from his second album Romance Dance, and also presented the English version of the single, «Sunrise Sunset». For his record work, he received three nominations at the Premios Pepsi Music Venezuela, as Pop Artist of the Year, Best Pop Video and Refreshing Artist. In November 2013, he presented his second single, "De ti no me voy a olvidar".
In May 2014, Drija toured the United States, Colombia, Mexico, Ecuador and Chile, as part of their Media Tour. The singer appeared on television programs, such as Showbizz of CNN en Español, Tu Desayuno Alegre, Charityn and Felipe El Show, among others. In April 2014, he performed at the Billboard Latin Music Awards in Miami. In November 2014, he released the single "Única", whose video clip was presented on November 13, 2014.
In 2015, he participated in the single, "Te quiero así" by the band Siete Bonchones, and also participated in the single, "Cantemos", of Cáceres, along with the Chinese and Nacho, Rawayana, Los Cadillac's, Jonathan Moly, Guaco and Jorge Polanco. In March 2015, Drija released the single, "Mia," along with singer Samy Hawk. In May 2015, he won the award for Best Andean Region Artist at the Heat Latin Music Awards. In January 2016, he released the last single, "Tu caballero". In August 2016, he presented "Beber", the first single from his third album.
Drija has been in a long-term relationship with Miss Venezuela International 2011, Blanca Aljibes, whom he met at the pageant in 2012. His engagement with Aljibes was announced in February 2017 through the release of the music video for his single "I Love You," which highlights the moment in which he proposed to her in front of friends and family.
|2007-2008||Somos tú y yo||Víctor||Main Role|
|2009||Somos tú y yo: un nuevo día||Víctor Gómez||Main Role|
|2011-2012||Natalia del Mar||Gerardo Moncada||Main role|
- Rumberos. "Columna T.N.T dedicada a: VICTOR DRIJA Un Talento Indetenible". Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- El Universal (29 January 2010). "Anita Vivas".
- El Universal (29 February 2011). "Antonio Drija, el seductor del circo". Check date values in:
- Noticias 24 (13 August 2011). "George Akram: El venezolano de "tú no eres Bob Abreu" que conquistó Broadway". Archived from the original on November 2, 2013.
- "Antonio Drija, el seductor del circo".
- Mundo Fan (20 August 2010). "VICTOR DRIJA BIOGRAFIA". Archived from the original on 23 November 2015.
- "Víctor Drija: "Me la paso comiendo perros calientes en la calle"".
- "Renowned Producer Vladimir Perez Joins the Production Team at Cisneros Studios".
- "Somos tú y yo llega a Indonesia".
- "Sheryl Rubio y "Somos tú y yo" triunfan en Italia". Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Boomerang transmite Somos tú y yo".
- "Finalizó con éxito la Gira de conciertos de Somos tú y yo". Ciber Espacio. December 2008.
- Marcy Alejandra Rangel (26 August 2009). "Somos Tú y Yo anuncia el lanzamiento del CD "Un nuevo día"". Marcy Alejandra Rangel. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- Boomerang (13 August 2010). "Somos tú y yo "Un Nuevo día"". Archived from the original on 23 November 2015.
- "Así luce el elenco de Vaselina 36 años después".
- "Hoy "Somos tú y yo: un nuevo día" presenta grandioso capítulo final" (in Spanish). notas.com. 15 December 2009. Archived from the original on 20 February 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "NPS [¡No puede ser!] debuta en Venevisión". Archived from the original on 2015-09-27. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Boomerang tiene el estreno mundial de la serie venezolana NO PUEDE SER". Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Conoce a los actores de "Natalia del mar"".
- "La nueva telenovela "Natalia del Mar", original de Alberto Gómez, iluminará las tardes de Venevisión".
- "Víctor Drija presentó su disco, 'Pasado, Presente, Futuro'".
- "Victor Drija cuenta su "Pasado, Presente, Futuro" en las discotiendas".
- "Víctor Drija se presentará en Bogotá para promocionar su disco "Pasado, Presente, Futuro"". Archived from the original on 2013-04-11.
- "Victor Drija revela los pasos que lo llevaron al éxito".
- "Víctor Drija nos canta "Este amor"".
- "Víctor Drija abrirá el concierto de Shakira en Venezuela".
- "La Orquídea es una bendición: Víctor Drija en PANORAMA".[permanent dead link]
- "Víctor Drija estrena videoclip de Amanecer".
- "Romance Dance: Lo nuevo de Víctor Drija".
- "Víctor Drija: Actor de "Somos tú y yo" llegó a Perú para ofrecer show".
- "Victor Drija se enamora de la novia de su hermano en su nuevo videoclip".
- "Victor Drija comienza su nueva gira".
- "Víctor Drija: 'Vengo con una notable evolución musical'".
- "Víctor Drija ¡llenará de ritmo los Billboard 2014!".
- "Única: Conoce lo nuevo de Víctor Drija".
- "'Te quiero así', de Siete Bonchones feat. Victor Drija, #1 del Record Report".
- ""Te quiero así", el nuevo videoclip de Siete Bonchones y Víctor Drija".
- "Víctor Drija estrena videoclip junto a Edymar Martínez".
- "Víctor Drija gana premio como "Mejor artista región andina"".
- "Víctor Drija marca el paso con "Tu Caballero"".
- "Víctor Drija estrena su nuevo sencillo musical "Beber"".
- "Víctor Drija completamente renovado con su nuevo tema "Un poquito más".
- "Víctor Drija reaparece en la música con "Un poquito más"".