This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vũ or Võ (武 or rarely 禹) is a common Vietnamese surname. Vũ is used by Vietnamese who live in the north while Võ is used by Vietnamese who live in the south (from Quang Binh province to the south). In Sino-Vietnamese reading, they also refer to the Chinese surname Wu (武).
- Võ Đình Tuấn - Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Professor of Chemistry, and Director of the Fitzpatrick Institute for Photonics of Duke University. Vo-Dinh has been ranked No. 43 on a list of the world's top 100 living geniuses in a survey conducted by Creators Synectics, a global consultants firm.
- Vo Tong Xuan - Professor, teacher, and agronomists. He taught farmers different tactics for growing and cultivating rice. This was one of the reasons that Vietnam went from a net importer of rice to one of the world's largest rice exporters.
Art and Entertainment
- Võ Hoàng Yến - Vietnamese model, competed in Miss Universe 2009
- Tom Vu - poker player and former infomercial star
- Võ Tánh - Military commander of the 18th century, who fought alongside Nguyễn Ánh.
- Võ Nguyên Giáp - general during the First Indochina War and the Vietnam War, defeated France in the Battle of Dien Bien Phu.
- Võ Chí Công - former President of Vietnam.
- Vũ Hồng Khanh - leader of Việt Nam Quốc Dân Đảng party, vice-president of the "Government of National Unity".
- Vũ Văn Mẫu - Dean of the Faculty of Law at the University of Saigon, Judge of the Saigon Superior Court, Prime Minister of South Vietnam.
- Vo Hong Phuc - Vietnamese Minister of Planning and Investment .
- Hubert Vo - Texas state representative.
- Võ Văn Kiệt - a Vietnamese politician and statesman. He was one of the Vietnamese political leaders that led the innovation (Đổi mới) policy in Vietnam.
|surname Vũ. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|