Věra Kůrková (born 1948) is a Czech mathematician and computer scientist, affiliated with the Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences. Her research interests include neural networks, computational learning theory, and nonlinear approximation theory.
Kůrková earned a Ph.D. in 1980 and a habilitation in 1999, both from Charles University. She has been affiliated with the Czech Academy of Sciences since 1990, and she headed the Department of Theoretical Computer Science within the Institute of Computer Science from 2002 to 2008.
In 2010, the Czech Academy of Sciences awarded Kůrková the Bernard Bolzano Honorary Medal for Merit in the Mathematical Sciences. As of 2018[update], Kůrková is president of the European Neural Network Society.
- Birth year from WorldCat identity page, accessed 2018-10-19
- RNDr. Věra Kůrková, DrSc., Czech Academy of Sciences, retrieved 2018-10-19
- Participant: Kurkova Vera, European Network on New Technologies for Air-Pollution Control and Environmental Sustainability (EuNetAir), retrieved 2018-10-19
- Medals of the CAS, Czech Academy of Sciences, retrieved 2018-10-19
- Current ENNS Executive Committee, European Neural Network Society, retrieved 2018-10-19