|Population (2011 Census)|
Võnnu is a small borough (Estonian: alevik) in Tartu County, Estonia. It is located about 21 km (13 mi) southeast of the city of Tartu. Võnnu has a population of 552 (2011), and is the administrative centre of Võnnu Parish.
Võnnu village and manor were first mentioned in 1341 as Wenden.
St James’s Church of the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church (originally constructed, 1232–1236) has been rebuilt several times, and is one of the largest churches in the Estonian countryside.
- Carl Eduard Körber (1802–1883), pastor and writer
- Martin Körber (1817–1893), pastor, composer, writer and choir leader
- Gustav Suits (1883–1956), poet; was born in Võnnu
- "Population by place of residence (settlement), sex and age". Statistics Estonia. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Võnnu alevik" (in Estonian). eestigiid.ee. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- Võnnu Parish (Estonian)
|This Tartu County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|