|Born||Vitla, Puttur, Karnataka, India|
|Occupation||Actor, lyricist, music director, film director|
V. Manohar is a music director, lyricist, film director and actor in Kannada and Tulu movies. He has scored music to several Kannada and Tulu films. He is the recipient of several awards including the Karnataka State Award. He has written lyrics to more than 1000 songs in Kannada cinema.
Manohar is a native of Vitla village in Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka state in India. His father is Shivanna bhat, mother Padmavathi. He started his career as a cartoonist working for some leading newspapers and magazines. During the beginning of his career, he was very closely associated with the now popular Kannada cinema directors Kashinath and Upendra. His first film as a music director was the Jaggesh starrer Tharle Nan Maga (1992) directed by Upendra.
He has composed music and title songs for many serials. He penned lyrics for many serials such as "Trin Trin Trin", "Duddu Duddu Duddu".
His real break came when Phani Ramachandra asked to sing title track for his popular serial Danda Pindagalu. This became huge hit among audience, became household song among children as well. He sang the song with Phani Ramchandra. This song was composed by another popular Kannada music composer Rajesh Ramanath. He debuted acting in Television as Narada in the song as well. This was much influential track as this popularity focused directors to have strong title track for serials. He went to composing for other serials such as Prema Pishachigalu, Daridra Lakshmiyaru, Jagalagantiyaru directed by Pani Ramchandra.
He composed Pa pa Pandu, Silli Lalli, "Yadva Tadva", "Point Parimala", "Yak Hing Adteero", "Parvathi Parameshwara", "Panduranga Vittala" all the comedy serials by Sihi Kahi Chandru direction. He composed most of tunes for Ravi Kiran Production serials. He also worked with P. Sheshadri for Uyyale (2003), Mounaraaga (2005–2006) and Chakrateertha (2012). He composed about 30+ serials in his television career. He directed satire program about astrologers along with Kasaragod Chinna. He directed about 20 episodes of this program.
Currently he acts as Bhatta in the Kannada sketch comedy show Majaa Talkies.
Manohar has composed music for over 100 Kannada movies such as Gejje Naada, O Mallige, Indra Danush, Janumada Jodi, Tharle Nan Maga, Swasthick, Duniya, Ee Sambhaashane, Banda nan Ganda, Janumada Gelathi, and Mathadana. His song "Kolu Mande" from the movie Janumada Jodi is considered to be one of the most successful Kannada songs of the 90s. The song "Kariya I Love you" from the movie "Duniya" is one of his biggest hits.
His first song as a lyricist was "Hodeya Doora Oh Jothegaara" from the movie Anubhava which went on to become one of the most evergreen popular Kannada songs. From then on, he has written for over 1000 songs and earned much fame as a leading lyricist of Kannada cinema.
Besides composing and lyric writing, Manohar has tried his hand on the film direction as well. His debut film as a director was the hugely popular O Mallige starring Ramesh Aravind and Charulatha. This film ran for more than 100 days across Karnataka cinemas. Indradhanush starring Shivrajkumar is V. Manohar's 2nd film. He has thus far directed three films.
- 2015 - Tulu Cinemotsava Award for Best Music Director - Chaali Polilu
- 2014 - Red FM Tulu Film Award for Best Lyricist - Barke
- 2013 - Tulu Cinemotsava Award for Best Music Director- Bangarda Kural
- 2007 – Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist - Kannada – "Kannallu Neenene" (Film:Pallakki)
- 2004 – Karnataka State Film Award for Best Music Director -Chigurida Kanasu
- 1997– Karnataka State Film Award for Best Music Director- Jodi Hakki
- 1996– Karnataka State Film Award for Best Music Director- Janumada Jodi
- 1995 – Karnataka State Film Award for Best Lyricist – "O Mallige Ninnondige" (Film: Anuraaga Sangama)
- 1993 – Karnataka State Film Award for Best Lyricist – "Megha O Megha" (Film: Gejje Naada)
|1992||Tharle Nan Maga||Debut film as a Music Director, Assistant Director|
|Alli Ramachari Illi Brahmachari|
|Bhanda nan Ganda|
|1994||Beda Krishna Ranginaata|
|Indrana Gedda Narendra|
|A Aa E Ee|
|1997||Bhanda Alla Bahaddur|
|O Mallige||Debut Direction|
|Bhoomi Thayiya Chochchala Maga|
|Megha Bantu Megha|
|Super Nan Maga|
|Z||1 song only|
|Aha Nanna Maduveyante|
|Manase O Manase|
|Yaardo Duddu Yallamana Jathre|
|A Aa E Ee|
|Ganesha Matte Banda|
|Neenyare||Manohar's 100th movie as a Music Director|
|Nanna Olavina Banna|
|Naariya Seere Kadda|
|12 AM Madhyarathri|
|Chaali Polilu||Tulu Film|
- "Kannada Geeya Geeya". http://www.screenindia.com. Retrieved 18 January 2010. External link in
- Manohar got break in Television in as Danda pindagalu song
- Directed Burude Bhavishya with Kasaragod Chinna
- "Manohar filmography". http://popcorn.oneindia.in. Retrieved 18 January 2010. External link in