|10th Chief Minister of Puducherry|
6 June 2016
|Preceded by||N. Rangaswamy|
|Born||30 May 1947
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
He is a former Member of the Parliament of India who represented Puducherry constituency. In the 2014 general elections, he was defeated by the NDA candidate R.Radhakrishnan who was backed by the ruling All India N.R. Congress. He is a member of the Congress Working Committee as well as All India Congress Committee's General Secretary.
|Wikinews has related news: Petition seeks filing of FIR against Narayanaswamy|
V. Narayanasamy served three tenure as Rajya Sabha MP and was member of Lok Sabha from Puducherry constituency from 2009 to 2014. He was minister of state in Prime Minister's office in Manmohan Singh's second government as well as minister of state. Parliamentary Affairs in the first UPA government.
He was named Chief Minister of Puducherry in May 2016 after Indian National Congress and Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam alliance won Puducherry Legislative Assembly election. He was chosen over V. Vaithilingam who was twice Chief Minister of Puducherry.
- Narayanasamy to be Puducherry CM
- "GOVERNMENT OF PUDUCHERRY Members of Parliament".
- Jha, Sanjay K. (2009-11-14). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Pranab puzzle in Congress 125-yr panel". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- Narayanasamy to become new Chief Minister of Puducherry
- Narayansamy to be new chief minister of Puducherry
- phttp://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/narayanasamy-to-become-new-chief-minister-of-puducherry/1/679706.html Narayanasamy to become new Chief Minister of Puducherry]
- V Narayanasamy to be new Puducherry Chief Minister
|This article about an Indian National Congress politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|