Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation(s)||Film director, writer|
V. Sekhar is an Indian film director and writer who works primarily in Tamil cinema.
Early life and Career
After completing B. A. and P. U. C., Sekar briefly worked as Malaria Eradication Worker at Corporation Health Department. On the insistence of B. Lenin, Sekar joined the film industry by assisting K. Bhagyaraj in films like Enga Chinna Raasa and Idhu Namma Aalu. He made his directorial debut with Neengalum Herothan (1990).
He began work on his latest venture in directing Saravana Poigai, starring his son Karl Marx in the lead role but the film remains unreleased. He was arrested on 12 August 2015, by the Idol Wing, Economic Offences Wing for suspected role in an idol smuggling racket.
Style of work
Sekar has directed mainly family-themed drama films, and has been likened to Visu who does the same. He often produced his own films through the studio Thiruvalluvar Kalaikoodam alongside his business partner K. Parthiban.
- Ponnu Pakka Poren (1989) (screenplay)
- "கதைதான் என் படத்தின் ஹீரோ". Kalki (in Tamil). 12 February 1995. pp. 40–41.
- "Tamil Star - News". tamilstar.com. Archived from the original on 18 August 2000. Retrieved 12 January 2022.
- "Audio Beat: Saravana Poigai - Romantic detour". The Hindu. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- "Tamil Director V Sekar Arrested in Idol Case". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- "Tamil film producer V Sekar arrested for idol theft". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- "குடும்பங்கள்ல பாஸிட்டிவ் மனிதர்களே இல்லையோ! - Kungumam Tamil Weekly Magazine". www.kungumam.co.in. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- பி.எஸ்.எஸ். (17 June 1990). "நீங்களும் ஹீரோதான்". Kalki (in Tamil). p. 18. Archived from the original on 31 July 2022. Retrieved 31 July 2022.
- சுந்தர்ஜி (10 March 1991). "நான் புடிச்ச மாப்பிள்ளை". Kalki (in Tamil). p. 43. Retrieved 26 September 2022.