This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living people that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately.
(April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||22 June 1966 (1966-06-22) (age 52)|
|Alma mater||Delhi University|
Venkatakrishnan Sriram (born 22 June 1966) is an Indian entrepreneur, columnist, music historian and heritage activist who is known for his books on the history of Chennai, Carnatic music and Chennai theatre.
Born on 22 June 1966 in the United Kingdom, Sriram studied engineering at the College of Engineering, Delhi and obtained an MBA from the Delhi University in 1989. Sriram works as the Chief Operations Officer of Broadgate Technical Servies, a software firm based in Chennai and also manages the family firm of Industrial Hydraulics.
Sriram started writing on the history of Madras from the mid-1990s. In total, Sriram has authored over ten books and is a regular columnist for The Hindu for whom he pens a column titled Hidden Histories. He was also one of the founders and principal organisers of Madras Day celebrations in the city, INTACH convenor for the Chennai region and editor of Madras Musings newspaper.
- Sriram, V. (2004). Carnatic summer: Life of twenty great exponents. East West Books. ISBN 8188661260.
- Sriram, V. (2007). The Devadasi and the Saint – the Life and Times of Bangalore Nagarathnamma. Westland. ISBN 9788188661701.
- Sriram, V. (2008). Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer, Life & Music. Westland. ISBN 9788188661787.
- Sriram, V. (2008). Historic Residences of Chennai. Chandra Sankar.
- Sriram, V.; Rangaswami, Malathi (2009). Fourscore and more - The History of the Music Academy Madras. Westland Books Pvt.ltd. ISBN 978-9384030476.
- Sriram, V. (2012). Championing Enterprise: 175 years of the Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Karumuttu Centre.
- Sriram, V.; Bhatt, Karthik (2016). Brick by brick - The Vidya Mandir Story.