V2 Institute for the Unstable Media
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016)
V2- presents, produces, archives and publishes about art made with new technologies and encourages the debate on these issues. It offers a platform where artists, scientists, developers of software and hardware, researchers and theorists from various disciplines can share their findings.
Over the years V2_ has collaborated with many artists and theorists, including for instance: Stelarc, Orlan, Symbiotica, Dick Raaymakers, Michel Waisvisz, Francisco López, Brian Massumi, Manuel de Landa, Paul Virilio, Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, Knowbotic Research, and Rem Koolhaas.
V2_ has published a number of books on interactive art and related subjects like sociology, media theory, biology, and technological innovation.
- Book for the Unstable Media, 1992
- Interfacing Realities, 1997
- TechnoMorphica, 1997
- The Art of the Accident, 1998
- Machine Times, 2000
- Book for the Electronic Arts, 2000
- TransUrbanism, 2002
- My First Recession, 2003
- Making Art of Databases, 2003
- Information Is Alive, 2003
- Feelings Are Always Local, 2004
- Understanding Media Theory, 2004
- aRt&D, 2005
- Interact or Die!, 2007
- Dick Raaijmakers, Monografie, 2008
- The Architecture of Continuity, 2008
- The Politics of the Impure, 2010
- The Sympathy of Things, 2011
- Vital Beauty, 2012
- Iedereen Een Kunstenaar, 2014
- Een Stuk Van Mij Gaat Een Paar Keer, 2014
- Giving and Taking, 2014
- On the Threshold of Beauty, 2014
- The War Of Appearances: Transparency, Opacity, Radiance, 2016
- Wat Is Community Art?, 2016
- Machines Will Make Better Choices Than Humans, 2016
- Everyone Is An Artist, 2016
- Stephen Wilson, Information Arts: Intersections of Art, Science, and Technology, MIT Press, 2002, p. 862.
- Christiane Paul. A Companion to Digital Art. 2016. p. 62
- Stelarc at v2.nl. Accessed 04.12.2019.
- Orlan at v2.nl. Accessed 04.12.2019.
- EVENING OF.. SYMBIOTICA at v2.nl. Accessed 04.12.2019.
- REM KOOLHAAS at v2.nl. Accessed 04.12.2019.