VAV Life Sciences
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Arun Kedia, Chairman & MD|
|Products||Pharmaceuticals, Phospholipids, Lecithins|
VAV Life Sciences Private Limited is an Indian company producing healthcare ingredients including lecithin and phospholipids, with products serving the food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and drug delivery markets. In recognition of EYOVA hair Nutrient, it was awarded India's Best SME Innovation Award 2013 by Yes Bank & Business Today (business magazine). The company was also features in India's list of leading SMEs of India 2014 & was a Business Excellence awardee by Dun & Bradstreet in 2015.,
As a matter of company policy, VAV only offers lecithins from non-genetically modified (non-GMO) sources. Within pharmaceuticals, the company also offers generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) with a particular focus on cytotoxic drugs for oncology and permethrin for topical medicine.
Refined phospholipids derived from soyabean, milk and egg are used for liposomal drug delivery of topical, oral, transdermal and parenteral medicines. They find increasing usage in nanomedicine like oncology and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) due to their ability to target specific cells.
Located with research and manufacturing facilities in Mirjole, (Ratnagiri district) in Maharashtra, VAV Life Sciences along with its subsidiary VAV Lipids P. Ltd., serves the global market with 90% of its sales outside India. In the pharmaceutical segment, VAV Life Sciences’ presence straddles four main therapeutic areas—hepatology, neurology, cardiovascular and oncology. The company also built in 2017, a new plant for pharmaceutical grade phospholipids at Ratnagiri, a coastal town of western India.
VAV Life Sciences' was rated C2 (2010) & MSME2 (2014) by SMERA, India's first rating agency for SME segment and is a member of International Lecithin & Phospholipid Society, CHEMEXCIL, Federation of Indian Export Organisations, Phospholipid Research Centre and the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce.
VAV Life Sciences' employs biotechnologists, chemists, microbiologists, engineers, finance/legal/marketing analysts and general administrators. Around 6% of its employees have PhD degrees, 32% have a master's degree, and 41% are graduates.
VAV Life Sciences' production and research facility in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra focuses on nanotechnology based lipidic drug delivery. It actively collaborates with and supports universities to make courses more industry oriented and in their research projects related to targeted drug delivery, liposomes and nanoparticles for crossing the blood–brain barrier. VAV Life Sciences' contributes materials for research projects and patents, globally.
LIPOVA-E120: Purified Egg lecithin conforming to United States pharmacopoeia for nasal delivery, injectable drug delivery in parenteral emulsions or liposomes for treatment of schizophrenia.
LIPOVA-E100: Combination of egg lecithin with egg proteins, devoid of cholesterol or triglycerides. Nutritional supplement in either capsule, tablet or beverage formulations. May also be used to make infant formulas in combination with omega-3 fatty acids.
LIPOVA-E200: Egg protein concentrate (67% protein content) devoid of fat or cholesterol. Suitable for nutritional supplements intended to build muscle mass such as sports nutrition, weight gain formulas etc.
LECIVA-S35: Soya lecithin of non-genetic modification origin, with triglycerides for nutritional supplementation, also known conventionally as "triple strength lecithin". Suitable for soft gelatine encapsulation or liquid filled hard-shell capsules.
LECIVA-S70: Pure phospholipid fraction of soya lecithin for oral as well as topical liposomal formulations like ketoconazole and flucanazole. Phospholipids are used in formulation of honey based topical microemulsion of Clotrimazole for treating Dermatomycosis. Phospholipid cream with Phyllanthus emblica (amla) extract, is used as an antioxidant cosmetic formulation for photoprotection. A novel anti-aging cream composed of phospholipids, Citrus auranticum (orange) and Glycyrrhiza glabra (liquorice) is used for effective cutaneous delivery of anti-oxidants. It is used for nutritional supplementation and improving bio-availability of natural extracts. Rutin trihydrate, a powerful antioxidant entrapped in Phospholipids, when administered tropically exhibits enhance protection against degenerative effects such as photoaging, sunburn, photocarcinogenesis etc.
LECIVA-S70H: Fully saturated, pure phospholipid fraction of soya lecithin for topical liposomal formulations in the area of cosmetics & pharmaceuticals. Saturated phospholipids offer better oxidative stability and a higher phase transition temperature.
LECIVA-S90: Highly purified, phosphatidylcholine enriched fraction of soya lecithin for liposomal formulations and targeted drug delivery (nanotechnology). Also used in drug eluting balloon catheters.
LECIVA-DPPC: Pure Dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine for liposomal formulations and targeted drug delivery (nanotechnology).
LECIVA-DSPC: Pure Distearoylphosphatidylcholine for liposomal formulations and targeted drug delivery (nanotechnology).
Neutral lipid products
VAV produces neutral lipids from egg which are primarily used in topical medicine and cosmetics.
Cholesterol: Used to stabilize liposomes and in topical formulations as a penetration enhancer.
- Innovation Evangelist
- DNB Leading SME's of India 2014
- D&B announces SME Business Excellence Awards 2015
- Ketoconazole Encapsulated Liposome and Ethosome: GUNJAN TIWARI
- Liposomes in Drug Delivery
- India Today, 31st January,2017
- Industrial Potential Survey of Ratnagiri District - District Industries Centre, Government of India
- Ancient wisdom modern methods
- Phospholipids for a healthy life
- Egg Oil to Stay young forever
- Design, Development & Evaluation of Lipid Based Topical Formulations of Silver sulfadiazine for treatment of Burns & Wounds
- Positive Health, UK
- International Lecithin & Phospholipid Society
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations
- Phospholipid Research Centre, Heidelberg
- Indo-German Chamber of Commerce
- Development and evaluation of orally disintegrating film of Tramadol Hydrochloride
- Formulation & Evaluation of Itopride Sustained Release Pellets
- Nanoparticles of Polyethylene Sebacate:Swati Guhagarkar, et.al.
- Environmental Monitoring and Assessment [2009, 151(1-4):397-400]
- Doing Business 2009 - World Bank
- US Patent No.2012/0189677 - Stephen Tonge
- Satapathy, D., Biswas, D., Behera, B., Sagiri, S. S., Pal, K. and Pramanik, K. (2012), Sunflower-oil-based lecithin organogels as matrices for controlled drug delivery. J. Appl. Polym. Sci.. doi: 10.1002/app.38498
- Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery - Melgardt M. de Villiers, et.al.
- Drug Delivery Volume 23, Issue 4, 2016:Optimized liposomal dispersion of quetiapine fumarate
- United States Patent US20140296191 Dinesh Shantilal Patel et.al.
- Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal: Direct and Enhanced delivery of nanoliposomes to the brain of anti schizophrenic agent through nasal route Pratik Upadhyay et.al.
- United States Patent US4670285 Michael Clandinin et.al.
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Ketoconazole Encapsulated Liposome and Ethosome: GUNJAN TIWARI
- Development & Characterisation Of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles For Topical Delivery - Poonam Yadav et.al.
- Honey Based Clotrimazole Microemulsion for Topical Delivery - Samrudhi Pathare, Padmini Ravikumar
- Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry: Formulation and evaluation of a photoprotectant cream containing Phyllanthus emblica extractphospholipid complex - Alisha Pereira
- AAPS PharmSciTech: Development and Evaluation of a Novel Delivery System Containing Phytophospholipid Complex for Skin Aging- Monica Damle
- Herbosomes enhance the in vivo antioxidant activity and bioavailability of punicalagins from standardized pomegranate extract, A.Vora et.al. Journal of Functional Foods, Volume 12, January 2015, Pages 540–548
- International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (IJPR): Formulation and Characterization of Rutin trihydrate Liposomes for Topical Delivery - Aparajita Varshneya
- Electrophorectic drug coated balloon and conductive polymer coating: United States Patent US20140276360 Stephen D. Pacetti et.al.
- Egg-oil-sunscreen-It-s-no-yolk - Cosmetics Design, USA
- Therapeutic Properties of Oleova (Egg Yolk Oil) - Positive Health Online, USA
- Review: EYOVA Hair nutrient with Egg oil