|Developer(s)||MH Sub I, LLC d/b/a vBulletin|
|Stable release||5.4.5 (November 14, 2018[±])|
|License||Commercial proprietary software|
vBulletin is a proprietary Internet forum software package sold by MH Sub I, LLC doing business as vBulletin. It is written in PHP and uses a MySQL database server. It competes commercially with XenForo, while competing free forum software includes WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, MyBB, and phpBB.
Internet Brands acquired the product from JelSoft in 2007.
In July 2010 the BBC reported that there was a serious flaw in vBulletin software that allows anyone to easily access the database username and password.
In October 2010, Internet Brands sued three former employees, just as their new competing software XenForo was to be launched., as well as a second lawsuit in the United States claiming breach of contract, copyright infringement, and misappropriation of trade secrets.. In May 2011 it was announced that vBulletin had abandoned an attempt at preventing XenForo doing business, and in 2013 the claims were dismissed.
vBulletin 4 was released in late 2009. The StyleVars system was added to draw CSS variables directly from the vBulletin Template code.
- "Software License Agreement for Downloaded Version". vBulletin. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Metz, Cade. "vBulletin sues ex-devs over 'from scratch' competitor". The Register. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Fildes, Jonathan (2010-07-22). "BBC News". British Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- Metz, Cade (2010-11-04). "Forumware giant vBulletin sues ex-devs (again)". The Register. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- Metz, Cade. "vBulletin abandons bid for injunction against ex-devs". The Register. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "vBulletin Skins". TalkTemplate.com. Retrieved 2012-02-29.