|Type||Home video game console|
|Introductory price||DM 500 (equivalent to DM 541.33 in 2009)|
|CPU||Signetics 2650A, Signetics 2636 video controller|
|Input||2 controllers with 12 buttons, 2 fire buttons and an analog joystick|
|Related articles||1292 Advanced Programmable Video System|
The VC 4000 is an early 8-bit cartridge-based home video game console released in Germany in 1978 by Interton. The console is quite obscure outside Germany, but a myriad of software-compatible systems can be found in numerous European countries (see 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System).
It's unknown if Interton designed and produced the VC 4000 within their own rights, or if they were sold the rights to design and produce it. This is because many other foreign brands have produced "Clones" of this system in the preceding years.
The VC-4000's power comes from a Signetics 2650 CPU (which is the same as an Arcadia 2001) and a Signetics 2636 gaming controller. Both controllers contain a 12-button keypad, two fire buttons, and a joystick. Inside the systems control panel, there are four different buttons. The ON/OFF switch, RESET, SELECT, and START.
The console was produced by different companies and sold with different names. Not every console is compatible with others due to differences in the shapes and dimensions of the cartridge slots, but all of the systems are software compatible. In the article about the 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System there is a table with all the software-compatible consoles grouped by compatibility family (due to the slots).
- CPU: Signetics 2650A at 0.887 MHz
- Video controller: Signetics 2636
- Data memory: 37 bytes
List of games
- Cassette - Car Races
- Cassette - Blackjack
- Cassette - Paddle Games
- Cassette - Tank Battle
- Cassette - Mathematics I
- Cassette - Mathematics II
- Cassette - Air/Sea Battle
- Cassette - Memory/Flag Capture
- Cassette - Intelligence I
- Cassette - Winter Sports
- Cassette - Hippodrome
- Cassette - Hunting
- Cassette - Chess
- Cassette - Motocross
- Cassette - Intelligence II
- Cassette - Intelligence III
- Cassette - Circus
- Cassette - Boxing Match
- Cassette - Outer Space Combat
- Cassette - Melody/Simon
- Cassette - Intelligence IV/Reversi
- Cassette - Chess II
- Cassette - Pinball
- Cassette - Soccer
- Cassette - Bowling/Ninepins
- Cassette - Draughts
- Cassette - Golf
- Cassette - Cockpit
- Cassette - Metropolis/Hangman
- Cassette - Solitaire
- Cassette - Casino
- Cassette - Invaders
- Cassette - Super Invaders
- Cassette - Space Laser (Unreleased)
- Cassette - Rodeo (Unreleased)
- Cassette - Backgammon
- Cassette - Monster Man
- Cassette - Hyperspace
- Cassette - Basketball (Unreleased)
- Cassette - Super-Space
- 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System, contains the software compatibility table of consoles
- SHAMELESSLIFE wordpress blog entry for details for 1292 APVS & Interton VC 4000
- Video Game Console Library entry for the 1292 APVS / VC 4000 family
- Arcade Italia entry for MAME compatibility
- "OLD-COMPUTERS.COM : The Museum". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Interton VC-4000 Console Information". Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Interton VC4000". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Amigan Software archive for 1292 APVS & Interton VC 4000 game charts". amigan.1emu.net. 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2018-11-02.