VDL Bus & Coach
|Parent||VDL Groep (81%)|
Originally named DAF Bus International after being separated from the truck-building business of DAF, it joined United Bus in 1990. It became a subsidiary of VDL Groep after United Bus collapsed in 1993.
DAF Bus International was renamed VDL Bus International in September 2003. As of 2005, VDL Groep held 81% of the shares in VDL Bus with Paccar owning the remaining 19%. VDL Groep purchased Dutch bus manufacturer, Berkhof Jonckheere Groep, in 1998.
In 2008, VDL Bus International was renamed VDL Bus Chassis. VDL has plants in Belgium and the Netherlands. In 2010, the Berkhof and Jonckheere brands were subsumed into VDL Bus Chassis with the combined business rebranded VDL Bus & Coach.
By 2018 VDL sold electric buses.
Integral buses and coaches
- SB180 - Low entry
- SB200 - Low entry
- SB230 - Low entry
- SBR230 - Low entry
- DB300 - Double deck
- TB2175 - Heavy duty (front engine)
- TBR2175 - Heavy duty (front engine)
- SB4000 - Intercity / Coach
- SBR4000 - Coach
Historical (including DAF bus models)
Integral coaches and whole vehicles
- Lexio (interurban bus body on VDL SB4000 chassis, marketed as VDL Bova Lexio)
- Magiq (integral coach, ex Bova, renamed VDL Bova Magiq)
- Synergy (double deck coach body on VDL SBR4000 chassis, marketed as VDL Bova Synergy)
- SB260 - Chassis modules for VDL Citea SLF
- VDL Bus International becomes VDL Bus Chassis VDL Bus Chassis September 2008
- Core activities VDL Bus & Coach