|Founded||1953by Pieter Van Der Leegte|
|Revenue||€5,1 billion (2017)|
|€120.2 million (2014)|
|€104.2 million (2014)|
Number of employees
VDL Groep is an international industrial and manufacturing company established in 1953. From its head office in Eindhoven, Netherlands, VDL supervises its subsidiaries, which have a high level of autonomy and responsibility for results.
The bus and coach division consists of coaches, public transport buses, chassis modules, second-hand buses and mini & midi buses. The finished products sector is extensive: suspension systems for the automotive industry, production automation systems, heating, cooling and air-technical systems, systems for the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, sunbeds and roof boxes, container handling equipment, systems for the agricultural sector, cigar-making and packaging machines, production systems for optical media and medical systems.
The company was formed in 1953 as Metaalindustrie en Constructiewerkplaats P. van der Leegte by Pieter van der Leegte senior, the father of Wim van der Leegte, president and CEO of the company from 1972 until 2016, hence the name VDL. Today, Wim v.d. Leegte's youngest son, Willem van der Leegte.
- VDL Berkhof - bus and coach builder in Valkenswaard.
- VDL Bova - a luxury coachbuilder based in Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Jonckheere - a motor coach and bus builder in Roeselare, Belgium
- VDL Bus Chassis - bus builder which originated from the bus-building business of DAF.
- VDL Nedcar - a brand independent car manufacturing plant in Born
- VDL TIM Hapert - is an international company specialized in the mechanical processing of cast and forging works and welding assemblies, spindles and complete products.
|This article related to bus transport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|