|Fighter Squadron 143|
VF-143 squadron insignia
|Active||20 July 1950 – 1 April 1958|
|Branch||United States Navy|
Fighter Squadron 143 or VF-143 was an aviation unit of the United States Navy originally established as a Naval Reserve squadron VF-821 on 20 July 1950, it was redesignated VF-143 on 4 February 1953 and disestablished on 1 April 1958.
VF-143 was embarked on the USS Philippine Sea in 1955.
VF-143 was embarked on the USS Hancock for a western Pacific deployment from 6 April to 18 September 1957.
Home port assignments
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)|
- History of the United States Navy
- List of inactive United States Navy aircraft squadrons
- List of United States Navy aircraft squadrons
- "Fighter Squadron Lineage". Naval History and Heritage Command. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Ships & Other Units Eligible for the Korean Service Medal". Naval History and Heritage Command. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Campbell, Douglas (2013). U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and MATS Aircraft Lost During the Korean War. p. 155. ISBN 9781304610737.
- Thompson, Warren (2014). F9F Panther Units of the Korean War. Osprey Publishing. p. 53. ISBN 9781782003526.