Vhils in 2017 in Beja, Portugal
1987 (age 29–30)
|Alma mater||Byam Shaw School of Art|
Alexandre Farto was born in Portugal in 1987. He studied at the Byam Shaw School of Art in London. Vhils lives and works in London and Lisbon. He gained prominence when his work of a face carved into a wall appeared alongside a picture by street artist Banksy at the Cans Festival in London in 2008. A photograph of him creating the work appeared on the front page of The Times.
During Fremantle's 2013 Fremantle Street Arts Festival, the Norfolk Hotel was decorated with an original image of the first Australian female senator. The image of Dame Dorothy Tangney DBE was created by Vhils and his assistants.
- 2015, Dissonance, Lazarides, London
- 2012, Entropy, Magda Danysz Gallery, Paris
- 2012, Vera Cortes, Lisbon
- 2012, Visceral, MD Gallery, Shanghai
- 2009, Scratching the surface, Lazarides, London
- 2008, Even if you win the rat race
- "Street artisy Vhils carves wall structures". KhaleeJesque.com. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- Steve Lazarides (27 October 2008). "Inside the world of the Outsiders art movement". The Independent (London). Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- Vhils New Mural In Fremantle, Australia, Street Art News, 3 March 2013, accessed 15 August 2013
- "Atelier d'Architecture 3BM3 completes concrete tax haven for artworks in Luxembourg". De Zeen. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Lazarides – Dissonance". Retrieved 19 July 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vhils.|