|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2012)|
The mission of VISIONng is to provide a framework for all the necessary measures to be taken by the signatories together to ensure the opening of a commercial global public IP-Telephony service in their respective countries or regions in 2001 and beyond.
VISIONng has been allocated a range within the +878 country code of Universal Personal Telecommunications by ITU. The ENUM delegation of +87810 was requested by VISIONng chairman Herwart Wermescher and was confirmed by Counsellor, SG2 of ITU-TSB Richard Hill on May 21, 2002. The first production service was opened in June 2004 by Sentiro.
- Non-profit Associoation
- Open Association
- No membership fees during startup
- Formed in January 2001
- Promotes an open architecture for international harmonized inter-domain and multi-vendor IP telephony
- Telephony service deployment on international interconnected IP networks
- Chairman: Herwart Wermescher
- Vice Chairman: Harald Hauser