|Fleet Logistics Support Squadron Five Nine (VR-59)|
VR-59 Squadron Insignia
|Country||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Navy|
|Nickname(s)||The Lone Star Express|
|Transport||Boeing C-40 Clipper|
Fleet Logistics Support Squadron Five Nine / FLELOGSUPPRON FIVE NINE (VR-59), nicknamed The Lone Star Express, is a transport squadron of the Fleet Logistics Support Wing of the United States Navy. It is a reserve unit composed of both active duty and Selected Reserve sailors. The squadron maintains three modified Boeing Next-Generation 737-700C aircraft, designated as the C-40A Clipper.
The mission statement of VR-59 is "Navy unique fleet essential airlift providing around the clock worldwide logistics support to all military services, flying three C-40A Clippers."
For the month of May 2008 the squadron flew over 350 hours.
- History of the United States Navy
- List of United States Navy aircraft squadrons
- List of Inactive United States Navy aircraft squadrons
- Plan of the Month. VR-59. Jan 2009.
- Welcome Aboard Fleet Logisitics Support Wing
- C-40A Clipper at U.S. Navy Fact File
- Fleet Logistics Support Squadron 59 (VR-59) at GlobalSecurity.org
- Squadron hangar and aircraft as seen on Google Maps
|This United States military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States Navy article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|