This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1 February 2015|
Los Angeles, California.,
|Products||Virtual reality pornographic films|
Number of employees
Virtual Reality Bangers, Inc., (also known as VR Bangers) is a Los Angeles-based company that produces and distributes virtual reality adult entertainment.
VR Bangers was founded in 2015 with the aim of exploiting VR technology for rendering pornographic content. The company creates and distributes virtual reality adult contents via a network of Internet websites. The company's flagship website VRBangers.com was launched in January 21, 2016.
By early 2016, the site had a total of 15 videos available for viewing.
Later that year, the company released the first-ever VR Parody film titled “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Cock - An XXX Parody”.
In early 2017, the company launched a program aimed to bring VR headsets to fertility clinics with an initial launch at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine in Los Angeles.
Later that year, the company launched its VR tube site LaidHub.com.
The company focuses on point-of-view live-action pornography as opposed to straight or motion-capture driven animation. The company's foundation was driven in part by a perceived growing boredom of viewers with conventional video pornography.
As of early 2016, the company remained a self-funded venture without significant investors.
In May 2016, the company announced a collaboration with Amsterdam-based Kiiro, a manufacturer of teledildonics and haptic technology with the aim of syncing VR experiences and smart sex toys. The toys have sensors that feed "pressure data" from a female performer's toy to a remote viewer's responsive male masturbator, or 'sleeve,' in real time.
In 2017, the company developed and released its proprietary VR access app, branded as PLAY’A.
POV Head Rig
The company is credited with developing the POV Head rig, a standalone virtual reality camera in the shape of a human head equipped with stereoscopic cameras in the eyes, binaural sound microphones, and multiple cameras across its surface to achieve 4K resolution that allow actors to provide a more realistic experience for customers.
|2018||2018 XBiz Award for The Best Virtual Reality Sex Scene|
|2018||2018 Cybersocket Award for the Most Innovative Company of 2018|
- Takahashi, Dean (28 February 2016). "VR Bangers takes porn to virtual reality with 360-degree 4K videos". VentureBeat. San Francisco. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- Taves, Max (21 January 2016). "Can virtual reality get you to pay for porn again?". CNET. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Las Vegas hotels testing 3D porn virtual reality devices as worldwide market opens for business". RT International. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- Yenisey, Zeynep. "Soon You Can Turn Your Hotel Room Into A Virtual Reality Sex Den". Maxim.
- ET Staff (3 May 2016). "VR Bangers brings pornography on virtual reality headset". The India Times. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- Staff. "'The Hobbit' XXX Parody Released By VRBangers | AVN". AVN.
- "Diddling Donors Can Now Get Off to Virtual Reality Porn at Fertility Clinics and Sperm Banks". Maxim.
- Matsakis, Louise (26 July 2017). "VR Porn Is Helping Men Jerk Off Into Cups at Fertility Clinics". Motherboard.
- Hamill, Jasper (11 May 2017). "Would you wear a virtual reality helmet during SEX? Porn firm wants men to strap on headsets to spice up romps with their wives". The Sun. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- Hamill, Jasper (11 May 2017). "This tech lets you sleep with your partner and cheat on them at the exact same time". New York Post. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- Miller, Dan. "VR Bangers Selling Traffic, Tabs for LaidHub.com | AVN". AVN. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- Staff. "Future is Now With 6K VR Standard Introduced by the VR Bangers - Press Release - Digital Journal". www.digitaljournal.com.
- Burns, Janet. "This VR Platform Invites Users To Have Virtual Sex With Real Performers". Forbes. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- Wright, James (19 March 2017). "PlayStation VR PORN got a whole lot better with a new PS4 Littlstar Update". Dailystar.co.uk.
- Cole, Samantha (31 January 2017). "This Horrific Mannequin Head Camera Wants to Make VR Porn More Intimate". Motherboard.
- Mlot, Stephanie (7 February 2017). "Is This Mannequin-Head Camera the Future of VR Porn? - Geek.com". Geek.com.
- Staff. "VRBangers Receives XBIZ Awards Nominations". XBIZ.
- Staff. "VR Bangers Wins Cybersocket's 'Innovative Company Of The Year' | AVN". AVN. Retrieved 7 September 2018.