VSDC Free Video Editor
5.8.9 / June 2018
VSDC Free Video Editor is a non-linear editing system (NLE) published by Flash-Integro LLC. The program is tailored for editing digital video and audio files in various formats including high-definition and ultra-high-definition resolutions, offering professional post production effects, as well as the ability to export in 4k resolution, capture video from screen, record voice, burn discs, save multimedia files to a number of supported formats and publish them on Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.
The layout consists of timeline area, scene area, status bar, quick access toolbar, editing tools(standard tools, paper tools, layout tools), command bar with media library (video and audio effects, transitions), properties window and resource window. The timeline area has a by-frame / by-second track and adjustable layer layouts. Wizard sequence feature offers express transition effects and defines sequence of digital objects on the scene. 
A user can either import video, audio or images from computer hard disk drive, or capture video from camera and computer screen.
Supported import formats:
Video formats: WebM, AVI, QuickTime (MP4/M4V, 3GP/2G2, QuickTime File Format), HDVideo/AVCHD (MTS, M2TS, TS, MOD, TOD), Windows Media (WMV, ASF, DVR-MS), DVD/VOB, VCD/SVCD, MPEG/MPEG-1/DAT, Matroska Video (MKV), Real Media Video (RM, RMVB), Flash Video (SWF, FLV), DV, AMV, MTV, NUT, H.264/MPEG-4, MJPEG, H265/HEVC.
Any digital object may be dragged and dropped anywhere on the timeline. Once on the timeline, video can be duplicated, split, cut, muted, cropped, flipped, rotated, played backward, resized, etc., its speed can be slowed down or increased; audio may experience amplitude and delay effects, filters, tempo and rate change, reverse effect, etc.; color corrected and enhanced. VSDC Free Video Editor gives the opportunity to save an output file to a computer hard disk drive with the resolution based on the targeted device (PC, mobile devices, iPhone/iPod, MP3/MP4, Blackberry, etc.), adjust bitrate, framerate, quality or burn to DVD disc. 
Supported output formats:
Video formats: AVI, DVD, VCD/SVCD, MPEG, MP4, M4V, MOV, 3GP/3G2, WMV, MKV,RM/RMVB, FLV, SWF, AMV, MTV, Webm
Audio formats: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG, AMR, WAV
Image formats: BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF
Personal computer, various DVD players, iPod/iPhone/iPad/iTunes, cell-phones and smartphones, Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei, Google, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Sony PSP, Play Station, Xbox, Blackberry smartphones, Zune, Archos, iRiver, Creative Zen media players, Windows handheld PC and other portable MP3/MP4 players, action cameras (including GoPro Hero 4 and 5) and all drone types.
VSDC is among the fastest to export a 2.5-minute video shot at 60 fps and 30 fps when compared with other free Windows video editors. 
Effects and transitions
- Cutting, splitting and merging video and audio tracks;
- Speed change;
- Splitting a video file into audio and video tracks and editing them as separate objects;
- Text and subtitles insertion;
- Integrated video downloader;
- Integrated converter tool supporting more than 20 formats;
- Integrated screen recorder;
- Slide-show wizard offering 70+ transition effects to make one object smoothly go into one another, dissolve or overlap two video or image files;
- Zoom effect - magnify or reduce the view of the image;
- Snapshots - capture a particular moment of a video clip.
- Gradient tool supported;
- Deinterlacing filter added;
- Blending modes and a mask tool supported;
- Instagram-like filters and Quick styles tool for express color correction
- Color correction (brightness, temperature, contrast, saturation, gamma, etc.) effects - allow adjustment of tonal range, color, and sharpness of video files and images;
- Grayscale effect creates a black and white video image;
- TV effects (Aging TV, Broken TV, Noise TV) – either create an old movie effect adding scratches, noise, shake and dust to video, as if it's being played on an old projector, or make a torn film footage effect when a video's occurring from the bottom part of the screen and is disappearing in the upper part;
- Blur and sharpen effects - visually smooth and soften an image, or make video image better focused;
- Pixelazation effect – imitates enlarging of a digital image further than the resolution of the monitor device;
- Audio amplitude effects (normalization, fading in and out, amplification) helps to correct audio track;
- Delay, time-stretch and reverse effects are tailored to give the audio track the relevant sounding: as if sung by a chorus, stretched in time or played backward;
- Simultaneous work with several audio tracks;
- Sprite option - several objects on the scene can be gathered into a sprite in order to apply needed effects on an entire group of objects and save space on the timeline;
- Movement – the objects on the scene can move following the set trajectory;
- Animation – illusion of motion and change of any static objects on the scene by means of the rapid display of a sequence of these objects;
- Chroma key option - add video overlay half transparent so that only part of it is visible and all the rest disappears to reveal the video underneath;
- 3D charts including Pie, Radar, Torus, Bar, Bubble, Spline, Step Line, Spline area, Funnel, Pyramid, etc. for optimized display of any complex data;
- Copyright information record to the output file;
- Editing of 2k and 4k resolution videos.
- Video stabilization
- Voice Over feature
The initial release of VSDC Free Video Editor was made in 2012.
|2.0.1||Amplitude correction: Fade-In, Fade-Out, Volume;
Sound delay effects: Flanger, Chorus, Delay, Phaser, Vibrato, Reverberation;
Audio filters: LowPass, HiPass, Notch, BandPass, LowShelf, HiShelf, Peaking EQ, Wah-Wah;
Special effects: Silence, Invert.
|2.1.1||70 editing templates, semi-transparent GIF support, Photo PNG and JPEG2000 with Alpha support;
Memory requirements reduced;
Video capturing and recording utilities updated;
|2.1.5||Timeline optimized, video processing and project conversion speed increased|
|2.1.8||Possibility to apply filters in the Wizard;
Possibility to edit objects in the Wizard;
Export speed increased;
|2.1.9||Objects are rendered with sub-pixel accuracy making possible to create smooth object animations;
Motion configuration principle reworked, different types of motion were added including accelerated motion;
Exportation principles updated; HD and high frame rate videos supported;
|2.2.0||Animation option added (ability make animation out of a number of images);
Video playback speed during previews and conversion speed have been increased;
|2.2.2||Semitransparent video support;
PNG, lossless JPEG, GIF format are added;
MP4, FLV, SWF, and GIF formats are added;
"Quick Styles" added;
SRT subtitles support;
The speed of the algorithms for rendering translucent objects has been doubled due to SSE2 technology;
Timeline work principle optimized – objects can be copied within the timeline;
Drag-and-drop interface has been added;
|2.3.0||Embedded video converter;
Embedded disc burning tool;
Embedded video download ;
Improved Wizard option;
Optimized memory management;
Multi-threading support improved: the preview of complex scenes is now smoother on CPU's with 2 and more cores, and conversion speed can be up to 50-100% higher on CPU's with 4+ cores;
filters added: AutoGamma (automatic gamma correction), AutoGammaInv (restores the original gamma values after the use of the AutoGamma filter), Median (median filter), DeNoise (noise reduction based on the Wiener filter – applies adaptive filtering to images containing uniform noise);
|3.0.0||The editor becomes non-linear;|
|3.1.0||License agreement change – the product can now be used for commercial purposes;
Trajectory types added;
Removal and recovery of removed areas became possible not just with the help of an assistant, but also on the main timeline;
|3.2.0||Waveform support for video and audio;
Improved volume control;
Audio and video splitting added;
Zoomable toolkit added for better editing accuracy;
Improved volume control (can be managed in percentage);
Threshold effect improved - it has various modes and works with the alpha channel;
The Reducing Bits effect added;
TV effects added;
|3.3.5||A chart option added supporting the following diagram types: Bar, Stacked Bar, Point, Bubble, Line, Scatter Line, Fast Line, Step Line, Spline, Area, Spline Area, Stacked Area, Stacked Spline Area, Range Bar, Gantt, Pie, Pie 3D, Torus 3D, Radar Point, Radar Line, Radar Area, Radar Spline, Radar Spline Area, Funnel, Pyramid, Pyramid 3D, High Low, Candle Stick;
Support of several graphs in a single diagram or various diagrams (combined by context);
Import and export of data to and from Excel;
Customizable diagram's appearance;
Effects allowing to change tempo, speed, and pitch of the sounds were added, also enabling to play them in reverse;
auto-save and backup support;
|4.0.1||Overall performance increased;
APNG and GIF formats were added;
SWF and GIF compression optimization;
FLAC, iPhone Live Photos support;
2k and 4k video and H265 support;
Copyright information record.
|5.0||Program's interface complete restyling – switching to a modern flat design;
H264 codec hardware acceleration;
Adjustable parameters settings for pro editing – creating curved motion paths for video objects or animation;
Optimized advanced multi-color Chroma Key;
Adding the H265/HEVC codec as an import format
|5.1.2||Enhanced text editing;
Support for all common letter types and fonts, various character encoding;
More flexible text introduction – users can enter a text right on the editor's stage in an automatically adjustable block;
Ability to set properties for each character separately;
H265/HEVC hardware acceleration;
Interface localization into Spanish
|5.5.0||Mask tool added. It changes image semitransparency in required areas of the video objects and allows for adding effects only to certain parts of the video;
Blending modes added;
Instagram-like filters added to ‘Quick styles’;
Portuguese and Japanese languages added;
Text object updated: superscript and subscript styles, kerning, baseline shift added, underline and strikethrough options enhanced, umlaut and stress symbols in some languages added;
Scene concept modified: now all visual objects can include any other visual objects, which used to be available only for the sprite before;
System clipboard processing added - an option to insert images from the clipboard, as well as video/audio/image files from the links copied to the clipboard.
|5.7.1||A number of visual effects and blur filters expanded and enhanced:
Gradient and Pattern parameters added to the Brush tool of the Shape objects, which allows for advanced multiple color correction;
WebM added to supported input/output formats;
Deinterlacing option with Middle and Blending methods added;
The app’s performance optimized by adding a support for AVX2 processors.
|5.7.5||Support has been added for uploading videos to YouTube and other social media sites.|
Operations optimization implemented;
New visual and special effects added:
New video editing tools and features added:
Voice recording features added:
Text processing enhancements implemented:
The memory optimization improvement carried out increases the app performance stability and prevents it from crashes while working even with large size video files.
A 64-bit version released with a coding/decoding speed boost: in case with H265 codec, it will double the export speed and in case with other codecs, the increase rate will reach 20%.
Simplified Chinese added to the interface languages.
New text outline settings added: contour and dash styles.
Bugs and errors fixed:
Free shape tool added with options to draw objects using linear and spline paths.
Audio Equalizer added for working with Audio effects.
New deinterlacing methods added: top, bottom, top linear, bottom linear, prioridad superior/inferior de fusión, blending bottom priority. Old methods optimized.
Audio mix option optimized.
New minor options added:
Two audio noise reduction filters added:
Work with charts and diagrams enhanced:
New hotkeys for adding all kinds of objects from video and sound to lines and shapes introduced.
Arabic symbols (ligatures) support added.
UI adapted for 4K displays.
New minor options added:
- IT-park resident
- Williams, Mike. "A powerful (but complex) video editor". www.pcadvisor.com. PCadvisor. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- , How to choose reliable and hassle free video editing software? - PCadvisor.co.uk review, July 2016
- VideoHelp.com, Press-release. "Version 4.0.1". videohelp.com. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Mike, Williams. "Best Video Editing software 2016". Techradar.com. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- Download.com, staff. "Editor's review". download.cnet.com. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Lynch, James. "VSDC Free Video Editor, editorial review". siftware.informer.com. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- The Guardian, What’s the best software for editing drone videos?
- Tom's Guide, VSDC Review: Video Editing the Old-Fashioned Way
- Widder, Brandon. "The Best Video Editing Software". digitaltrends.com. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- Rosenthal, Marshal. "VSDC Free Video Editing Software Makes PRO Editing Accessible". videomaker.com. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Flash-Integro VSDC Video Editor.|