Emma Rosen (born 1995), known professionally as VVAVES, is a Canadian singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist. VVAVES was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia and currently resides in Germany.
VVAVES started composing songs at the age of 10, teaching herself to play instruments to write and make YouTube cover videos. VVAVES moved to Europe alone when she was 15. She traveled after finishing high school in Canada and also Germany where she began writing for and with other artists. In 2018, VVAVES signed to Universal Music Group. In 2019 she released her first major collaboration with Iggy Azalea.
VVAVES posted her first song, "Fall Apart" online on March 24, 2017. Her first commercial single with UMG, “Alive”, was first presented on stage in a Felix Jaehn remix during his “iLive Tour” where VVAVES joined as a special guest performer. She also toured with Max Frost, gnash and Hyphen Hyphen. "Alive" was released on April 5, 2018. On May 17, 2019 VVAVES announced on her social media accounts that her new collaboration featuring Iggy Azalea titled "Boys Like You" was released on May 24, 2019. VVAVES expressed her happiness with the success of "Boys Like You" within two days, the track had garnered over a quarter of a million views and increased VVAVES fan base.
Born Emma Rosen in 1995 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, VVAVES has always been interested in music. In an interview with EDM Sauce, VVAVES cited Shaggy, Christina Aguilera, 3OH!3, Taylor Swift, and The Verve for creating her top 5 music guilty pleasures.
As featured artist
- "Nothin' On Me" - Silk Society ft. VVAVES
- "Breathe" - Silk Society ft. VVAVES
- iLive Tour - Felix Jaehn (2018)
- Max Frost Support Tour (2019)
- The Broken Hearts Club Tour - gnash (2019)
- Murray, Robin (April 5, 2018). "Premiere: VVAVES - 'Alive'". Clash. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Wass, Mike (May 29, 2019). "Iggy Azalea Teams Up With VVAVES On The Fiery 'Boys Like You'". Idolator. Retrieved May 29, 2019.