|Traded as||NYSE: EGY|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
| Cary Bounds, CEO|
Andrew L. Fawthrop, Chairman
Phil Patman, CFO
|3,752 barrels of oil equivalent (22,950 GJ) per day (2018)|
|Revenue||$104 million (2018)|
|$98 million (2018)|
|Total assets||$166 million (2018)|
|Total equity||$109 million (2018)|
Number of employees
|108, including 75 in Gabon (2018)|
|Footnotes / references|
The company’s primary source of revenue is from its 31.1% interest, via a production sharing contract, in operations in the 750,000 acre (3,000 km²) Etame Marin block, offshore Gabon. The company also owns a 31% working interest in an undeveloped portion of a block offshore Equatorial Guinea.
In 2000, the company sold a 32.5% interest in the Etame Marin permit offshore Gabon to PanAfrican Energy Corp.
In November 2016, the company acquired an additional 3.23% participating interest (2.98% working interest) in the Etame Marin permit offshore Gabon.
In April 2017, Phil Patman was named chief financial officer of the company.
- "VAALCO Energy, Inc. 2016 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Vaalco sells interest in Etame Marin Permit". American City Business Journals. December 15, 2000.
- "VAALCO Energy Acquires Working Interest Offshore Equatorial Guinea" (Press release). PR Newswire. November 1, 2012.
- "VAALCO Energy Announces Closing of Acquisition of Additional Working Interest in the Etame Marin Permit Offshore Gabon" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. November 28, 2016.
- "VAALCO Energy Announces the Appointment of Cary Bounds as Chief Executive Officer and Board Member and Closing of Hefley Lease Sale in North Texas" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. January 3, 2017.
- "Interim tag removed from Vaalco CEO Bounds". Oil & Gas Journal. January 6, 2017.
- "VAALCO Energy Announces Appointment of New Chief Financial Officer" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. April 17, 2017.