|Traded as||NYSE: EGY|
Cary Bounds, CEO|
Andrew L. Fawthrop, Chairman
Phil Patman, CFO
|3,800 barrels of oil equivalent (23,000 GJ) per day (2017)|
|Revenue||$77 million (2017)|
|$10 million (2017)|
|Total assets||$79 million (2017)|
|Total equity||$10 million (2017)|
Number of employees
|102, including 75 in Gabon (2017)|
Footnotes / references|
VAALCO Energy is a petroleum and natural gas exploration and production company organized in Delaware and headquartered in Houston, Texas with operations primarily in the Etame Marin block offshore Gabon.
As of December 31, 2017, the company had 3.049 billion barrels of proved reserves, all of which was petroleum.
The company’s primary source of revenue is from its 31.1% interest, via a production sharing contract, in operations in the 750,000 acre (3,000 km²) Etame Marin block, offshore Gabon. The company also owns a 31% working interest in an undeveloped portion of a block offshore Equatorial Guinea.
In 2000, the company sold a 32.5% interest in the Etame Marin permit offshore Gabon to PanAfrican Energy Corp.
In October 2015, Don McCormack was named chief financial officer of the company.
In November 2016, the company acquired an additional 3.23% participating interest (2.98% working interest) in the Etame Marin permit offshore Gabon.
In April 2017, Phil Patman was named chief financial officer of the company.
- "VAALCO Energy, Inc. 2016 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Vaalco sells interest in Etame Marin Permit". American City Business Journals. December 15, 2000.
- "VAALCO Energy Acquires Working Interest Offshore Equatorial Guinea" (Press release). PR Newswire. November 1, 2012.
- "VAALCO Energy Announces Appointment Of New Chief Financial Officer And Other Changes In Executive Management" (Press release). PR Newswire. October 27, 2015.
- "VAALCO Energy Announces Closing of Acquisition of Additional Working Interest in the Etame Marin Permit Offshore Gabon" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. November 28, 2016.
- "VAALCO Energy Announces the Appointment of Cary Bounds as Chief Executive Officer and Board Member and Closing of Hefley Lease Sale in North Texas" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. January 3, 2017.
- "Interim tag removed from Vaalco CEO Bounds". Oil & Gas Journal. January 6, 2017.
- "VAALCO Energy Announces Appointment of New Chief Financial Officer" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. April 17, 2017.