|Location||135 Port Colden Road, Washington, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||40.771410 N, 74.960093 W|
|Appellation||Warren Hills AVA|
|First vines planted||2004|
|Opened to the public||2009|
|Key people||Anthony Vacchiano Sr.,
Anthony Vacciano Jr. (owners)
|Other products||Breads, cheeses, fruits, meats, pies, sauces, vegetables|
|Distribution||NJ farmers' markets|
|Tasting||No tasting room|
Vacchiano Farm is a winery in the Port Colden section of Washington Township in Warren County, New Jersey. A family produce and livestock farm since 1983, the vineyard was first planted in 2004, and began to sell its wine in 2009. Vacchiano has 11 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 2,500 cases of wine per year. The winery is named after the family that owns it.
Wines and other products
Vacchiano Farm is in the Warren Hills AVA, and produces red and white wines from American hybrid grapes. Vacchiano also makes and sells breads, cheeses, fruits, meats, pies, sauces, and vegetables.
Licensing, associations, and distribution
Vacchiano has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is not a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association. Vacchiano does not have a tasting room, but distributes their wines and other products at farmers' markets in New Jersey.
- Alcohol laws of New Jersey
- American wine
- Judgment of Princeton
- List of wineries, breweries, and distilleries in New Jersey
- New Jersey Farm Winery Act
- New Jersey Wine Industry Advisory Council
- New Jersey wine
- Lindsay, Jacqueline. "Washington Township, Warren County farmer ready for big turkey day" in The Warren Reporter (22 November 2008). Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- De Bellis, John. "At Madison Farmers Market, Vacchiano Means Variety" in Madison Patch (11 August 2011). Retrieved 8 September 2013
- Lechiski, Kevin. "Local farmers happy to be selling locally" in The Warren Reporter (8 July 2007). Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- Garey, Dave. "Sandy delays turkey orders at local farms" in The Daily Record (15 November 2012). Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Connic, Jennifer. "It's a Family Affair for Vacchiano Farms" in Millburn-Short Hills Patch (30 June 2009). Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "Vacchiano Farm" in American Winery Guide. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "Fresh produce, special events mark Thursday's Farmers’ Market in Madison" in The Madison Eagle (20 June 2013). Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573. Geographic description of Warren Hills AVA includes Vacchiano Farm.
- Vacchiano Farm. "About Vacchiano Farm" (commercial website). Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Feeney, Kelly. "Home Is Where the Food Is Grown" in The New York Times (14 November 2008). Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Vacchiano Farm. "Vacchiano Farm: Community Farmer Markets that we participate in." (commercial website). Retrieved 2 April 2013.